Service Manager taking parts off RO's

Postby Toyotaguy » Thu May 08, 2003 1:01 pm

Just to give you guys an update here on how this is turning out. The SM is trying to justify it for CSI and claims most jobs were warranty and couldn't be paid, they are going to be "resubmitted". I have shown that the loss is not just parts but in labor too. To be honest the owner believe the SM and doesnt' seem to really want to do anything about it. He has no access to parts at all except to give a discount in the service screen for the RO under a misc code. WHich is fine with me. I have reports after reports now. It only take me one time to get ripped off. I am changing my locks as I type and meeting with the accountant about the inventory. Looks like I have to do a physical. I did one back in December so I have a good starting point.

We had a meeting with the Acct, owner and SM. Basically I have been yelled at more for a guy taking off 4 hours instead of paying overtime then he was yelled at for taking off parts. Go figure. I have some of the RO's and I am contacting the customers about how and what they paid.

Well the responses here are great. I will take a lot from it here. I have been telling the SM about this website, hopefully he doesn't check now huh! But thanks for all your help and if any thing changes I will inform all of you....

Rob
Toyotaguy

Postby PROUSER » Mon May 12, 2003 12:33 pm

HAS THE OWNER CONSIDERD IRS IMPLICATIONS OF NOT PAYING TAXES ON THESE PARTS THAT WERE REMOVED FROM AN RO & WENT OUT THE DOOR?

IF PARTS ARE BEING TAKEN OFF RO'S AND GOING OUT THE DOOR, BUT NOT ACTUALLY BEING SOLD ON AN INVOICE, THEN I WOULD GUESS THERE ARE PROBABLY TAX IMPLICATIONS BECAUSE THE DEALER IS NOT COLLECTING/PAYING TAXES ON WHAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN SOLD PARTS.
PROUSER

Postby partsmandean » Mon May 12, 2003 4:27 pm

Oh geeze, now you've gone and got the government involved too? Hoo-boy, better get your ducks in a row now eh?
partsmandean

Postby Tundra » Mon May 12, 2003 5:09 pm

Have your accountant issue a 1099 to the service manager for the value of the parts he discounted and took off ro's! Maybe then he will realize what is at stake.
Tundra

Postby DRJEEP » Tue May 13, 2003 12:29 pm

Hello,

Everyone makes a good point ! I had this very same thing happen a couple of years ago.
He logged in using one of my countermans login ! Again this person does no wrong and
was not fired ? However new rules are in place and so far so good.He never had access
to the parts side of R&R,nor do I the service side.They way I read all this is,you are getting this information second hand ? GO TO THE OWNER AND HEAR IT FROM THE HORSES MOUTH just how he feels about it.One thing I have learned in my 20 years is the stories change from doorway to doorway ! Maybe they know you rarely talk to your DP ? When i was hired the owner and I sat in his office and talked for hours..the main thing he brought up was the parts manager never just came and talked to him,work or not ? Trust me it will help in the future !

GOOD LUCK TO ALL !
DRJEEP

Postby scottbob » Wed May 14, 2003 6:29 pm

Wow, I think the bigger question is how vested do you want to be in working for a dealer that is OK with letting the fox sleep the hen-house? I like the idea of presenting as a business case (most dealers undertsand that logic) if you don't have any luck you might concider looking for employment with a dealer that wants to run a business and not a funny farm.
scottbob

Postby DRATH » Wed May 14, 2003 9:43 pm

This is a topic I've been fighting for months, constantly chasing inventory discrepencies,( $ and #'s ) that are caused by a Service ADVISOR or B/S ESTIMATOR (all have access to parts side) removing parts from a service order. Thanks to everyone's replies , I've got some extra "ammo" for this battle. We'll see if it helps........ Thanks
DRATH

Previous

Return to Parts Managers