R &R PICK TICKET PRINTER

R &R PICK TICKET PRINTER

Postby FRANKV » Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:05 pm

Does anyone use a laser to print pick tickets, and do you print 2 copies from 2 trays, so that different color paper can be used ?

------------------
FRANKV

R &R PICK TICKET PRINTER

Postby petepuma01 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:52 am

I have a couple possible solutions for this.

1) Picking ticket printers are typically set up a line printers, meaning that the printer command line will display when the Pick command is entered. If this is the case, you can modify the printer the pick ticket is set to print to.

Make sure both printer trays exist as print queues-- they likely already do.

To program the key, make it do the following:

P, Return (picking ticket)
Return (accept the default printer-- one of the trays- the first ticket will go there)
P, Return (picking ticket command again)
N, Return(dont accept the print command line defaults)
PRINTER NAME, Return (enter the printer name for the second tray)
Return, Return, Return, Return, Return (return through the remaining prompts, accepting their defaults)

Whenever you want the two picking tickets, just hit this key.

Also, go into 2334 PICKING TICKET FORMAT. When first displayed, the screen will ask a series of questions. Make sure PRINT NEW PARTS ONLY is answered 'N'. If you don't do this, the second printing won't have any of the parts.

If you're concerned about picking parts that were previously picked on subsequent picks, add the PICK FLAG (line 28) field to the picking ticket in 2334.

2) The second option is to set up warehouse printing. This setup is a little more involved and not as simple-- I think my first suggestion will work for you. If it does not, let me know and we can talk more about this one.

If you're using EraLink and need help programming the keys, let me know.

[This message has been edited by petepuma01 (edited 08-23-2005).]

petepuma01

Return to Parts Managers