Thoughts on service plus

Thoughts on service plus

Postby cwalden » Fri May 14, 1999 10:47 pm

I would like to hear your thoughts,good and bad on service plus.
cwalden

Thoughts on service plus

Postby j_oneil » Sat May 15, 1999 10:59 pm

I really can't see where it increased business any. If GM were to drop it tomorrow the only thing we would loose is a slight amount of advertising allowance.
j_oneil

Thoughts on service plus

Postby slilly » Mon May 17, 1999 12:30 pm

THE QUESTIONS I HAVE ABOUT IT ARE:
1)UNLESS A DEALERSHIP DOES EVERYTHING ON THEIR OWN WITHOUT GM ASKING THEM TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PROGRAM INCLUDING OFFERING LIFETIME WARRANTY ON THE PARTS(AFTER 12/12 GOODWRECH SERVICE IT'S YOUR ANYWAY) THEN WHAT WOULD BE THE DIFFERENCE?
2)IN OTHER WORDS IS THE CUSTOMERS SOOO CONNECTED TO THE GM GOODWRENCH PROGRAM THEY WON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THE DEALERSHIP ANYWAY?
3)IF YOU USE THEIR MECHANDISING AND COUPONS IS THEY ONLY SAYING YOU CAN'T FIGURE THINGS OUT FOR YOURSELF AND YOU'RE TOO HIGH ANYWAY?
4)WOULD THE ONLY DRAW FOR SUPOOSEDLY BRINGING IN CUSTOMERS THAT YOU DON'T NORMALLY DO BUSINESS WITH BE YOURS ANYWAY, OR COULD YOU BETTER BENEFIT WHEN GM CHANGES OVER THE "CROSS OVER WARRANTY" AND YOU STAND A BETTER SHOT OF RETAINING SOMEBODY ELSE'S CUSTOMERS?
5)AND WHAT ABOUT THE ADVERTISING RESERVE? IT'S LIKE JUMPING THROUGH HOOPS, IT'S NOT BASED ON WHAT YOU SPEND BUT PARTS PURCHASES AND PROGRAMS THAT UNLESS YOU DON'T PARTICIPATE YOU DONT GET THE RESERVE. THEN YOU BY THE PARTS AND PROGRAMS AND THE RESERVE DOESN'T COME CLOSE TO PAYING THE ADVERTSISING BILLS.
6)ALL IN ALL WHO SHOULD NOT WHAT OUR CUSTOMER'S WANT?
slilly

Thoughts on service plus

Postby jrcal » Mon May 17, 1999 1:03 pm

This program has some problems but, we like it. The lifetime warranty on parts ties our parts dept and service dept together on the same customers. Customers who may have been inclined to install their own ac compressors usually let us do it because of the warranty. In this way we are gaining new customers. Also, we are able to compete better with the lifetime warranty offered by our competion.
Following the other parts of the program (complying with GM) is the worse part of the program but still worth it.

------------------
JC
jrcal

Thoughts on service plus

Postby John Moore » Mon May 17, 1999 7:46 pm

The problem with service plus is that it provides little of value to the dealer. Sure, it may tie some customers to the dealership, but in the end, who ends up paying for any additional expense that the dealer incur? (not GM) Now, if GM were to offer cross-line warranty repair as part of the service plus initiative, I would sign-up today.
John Moore

Return to Parts Managers