The Parts Manager January 2002 issue

Postby mack » Sat Jan 19, 2002 1:47 pm

Dear Chuck,
Your "Parable for Parts Managers" was a cute and realistic story. However, if you read it the wrong way, it sounds like communism.

------------------
Chris McCulley
mack

Postby greenthumb » Fri Jan 25, 2002 3:20 pm

is this publication available on-line??
greenthumb

Postby mack » Fri Jan 25, 2002 3:39 pm

GREENTHUMB-
I DON'T BELEIVE THESE ARTICLES ARE AVAILABLE ON-LINE. CHECK INTO WD&S PUBLISHING. CHUCK HARTLE IS A MAJOR CONTRIBUTOR TO SOME INTERESTING MONTHLY ARTICLES. A SUBSCRIPTION IS REQUIRED. THE PRICE IS A LITTLE STOUT, BUT WELL WORTH IT. THE PUBLICATION IS CALLED, "THE PARTS MANAGER".
-MACK

------------------
Chris McCulley

[This message has been edited by mack (edited 01-25-2002).]

mack

Postby spordboy » Sat Jan 26, 2002 2:58 pm

Hi all,
The articles are available on-line at "thepartsmanager.com" but you must be a subscribing member. the subscription cost does seem kind of steep but as "Mack" pointed out...well worth it!! there is also bck issues available online. Unfortunately, not all back issues are available online...
maybe if enough people asked for it the fine people at WD&S might consider doing just that. hint hint...
-dannnnno
spordboy

Postby Chuck Hartle » Mon Jan 28, 2002 4:29 pm

Hi Mack,

God Bless America and democracy....

I certainly put no thought to the aspect of it being communism. More good sound inventory control perpetuation rules... I have already been asked several times what I was "smoking" when I wrote it??

I have to be real careful though, the last thing I want it a new style of inventory management popping up called "communistic" inventory practices......... Thanks for the comments..... I hope you enjoyed it!

Chuck Hartle'
Chuck Hartle

Return to Parts Managers