ADP Lost Sales

ADP Lost Sales

Postby Brewmeister » Wed May 10, 2006 10:05 am

Hello all,

Does anyone out there have a RPG report for ADP that will report new parts added with no sale or lost sale posted? ADP just doesn't seem to understand what I want and I am to frustrated to call support again.

Thanks in advance,

Brew
Brewmeister

ADP Lost Sales

Postby ctvolvo » Wed May 10, 2006 10:47 am

You should be able to go into RPG and create your own report.

I am no longer on ADP but I think there were fields for when a part was added and sale and lost sale history.

Create a report for new parts and then have in the output, lost sales and regular sales less than one but greater than DEL. I think that is what you want.

You could also try the ADP forum on this site.
ctvolvo

ADP Lost Sales

Postby texaslp » Wed May 10, 2006 10:50 am

I know it can be frustrating, you often get someone who doesn't have the answer and they are reluctant to admit they can't help and pass it on to someone else. Sorry I'm not too familiar with the parts area, but you might try opening a case on Dealer Suite and be very specific as to exactly what you want-I would also put in there that you have already tried calling support and would they please pass this on to someone who knows how to do this for you. Another option is to call your sales rep, and he/she will get a supervisor involved and get someone who can help you.
texaslp

ADP Lost Sales

Postby chartle » Wed May 10, 2006 10:50 am

Brewmeister....

Try this English Statement

LIST PART-NO. PARTFORM BIN O.H. COST LIST ABCD YRSL LOST SENTRY TOTAL OH.VALUE
WITH LOST GE "1" AND WITH YRSL EQ "0" AND
WITH SENTRY EQ "09MAY06" BY PTNO ID-SUPP (P)

This should get you what you are looking for. You would have to change the date or to enter a date range you could input this

AND WITH SENTRY GE "01MAY06" AND WITH SENTRY LE "09MAY06" TO PULL A DATE RANGE OF PARTS ADDED.

I am assuming that you do not like the RLE report? This shows you all Lost and Emergency posting for a given month and resets after MGR has been run at month end. It gives a bit more detail but does lack the SENTRY field. Just remember that the LOST sales field resets at month end with ADP.

Chuck Hartle'
chartle

ADP Lost Sales

Postby scotstrong » Wed May 10, 2006 10:55 am

Here is an english statement you can use, and if it works you can convert it to an RPG report.

SORT PART-NO. WITH ENTRY GE "DDMMMYY" AND WITH YRSL EQ "0" AND WITH LOST EQ "0" (then list whatever output fields you want to look at; be sure to at least include ENTRY and YRSL and LOST)(add LPTR to the end to send the report to your assigned lineprinter).

What you will be asking for is any part numbers that were added on or after the date value you enter for "ENTRY" that have no sales posted in the last 12 months or no lost sales posted to them.

As Chuck said, LOST resets at month end. If you run this monthly just prior to month end it should give you that month's numbers that meet the criteria you are looking for.
Scot Strong

[This message has been edited by scotstrong (edited 05-10-2006).]

scotstrong

ADP Lost Sales

Postby Brewmeister » Wed May 10, 2006 11:05 am

Thanks guys, that was fast!

I am usually pretty good with the RPG and English statements, but was having a senior moment on this one.

Thanks again!
Brewmeister

ADP Lost Sales

Postby chartle » Wed May 10, 2006 2:33 pm

Speaking of Senior moments... Thought he wanted no sale but lost sale... Oops!!!

WITH NO LOST instead of WITH LOST GE "1"

Chuck
chartle

ADP Lost Sales

Postby jazdale » Wed May 10, 2006 9:47 pm

Brew,

Curious why you want to see only the lost sales on parts that have recently been added?

By knowing why, we may be able to get you a report that is even more helpful then your request for a simple RPG.

I'm just guessing that your trying to anticipate early stocking of a part.

Consider an RPG that includes all parts added this month that sorts by descending lost sales. Include the current month sales and emergency receipts. You'll have a better picture of whats going on.

Too many selection items may accidently remove information that you're looking for.
jazdale

ADP Lost Sales

Postby Brewmeister » Fri May 12, 2006 4:07 pm

Hey Jaz,

Actually I had noticed a decline in the number of lost sales postings over the past few months. I want to see what has been added to the system without the LS being posted. I have a feeling that my counter guys have not been LS parts they have added to the system on RO and Inv quotes. Just trying to capture as much history as possible.

Brew
Brewmeister

ADP Lost Sales

Postby CMG » Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:57 pm

can someone tell me how many lost sales should you have. in prior years i heard lost should equal 2% of total sales. But i think this number was pulled out of a hat.

Come on experts......how many should we be recording so we know if our staff is doing a good job or a poor job.
Is it 2 a day per person ? Is it 2% of totals sales .
are there any guides.
CMG

Next

Return to Parts Managers