Sprint Shipments

Sprint Shipments

Postby Gerry Laughlin » Wed Jul 17, 2002 9:40 am

Does anybody have any hints on selling more parts to GM Sprint. Every morning I come in and there is a list of parts that I stock that GM is looking for, I report that I have them, yet recieve a reply saying that I will be notified if they still need it. Is there a certain time that I can request answerbacks or anything that might get me more sales?

Thanks,
Gerry
Gerry Laughlin

Sprint Shipments

Postby Richard » Wed Jul 17, 2002 1:00 pm

You might try getting up at 3 am. Some of the larger dealers have a dedicated person that does just that. I tried my hand at filling Sprint's for a while, and just decided that it's mostly a waste of time for me, I just don't have enough $$$ in inventory for it to be an issue. If I have a part GM really needs, they'll call me.
Richard

Sprint Shipments

Postby partsguy03 » Wed Jul 17, 2002 6:35 pm

Afew years back I wondered why I never got any of the ship-direct parts. I found out that the SPAC people have a small list of favorite dealers that they call first for any ship-direct parts. Has this changed? I don't know. Also I am told that some large dealers have a computer that can call GM over and over with their parts. Would like to know how this works and if it is true? Anyone else hear of this?
partsguy03

Return to Parts Managers