D2D Survey

D2D Survey

Postby partsguy » Wed Nov 20, 2002 5:46 pm

Now that the "convincing" is done by GM, forcing us onto their system, I am curious:

How many of us are going to be able (right now) to be able to use D2D system to it's fullest useage, ie. do all of your counter staff have close and convenient internet access? I did this survey with our local dealers, and less than 20% had internet access at the counters.

Also, how many of you are going to retain OneTouch?

Don't you think GM rushed this a little? Opinions please...

Bruce
partsguy

D2D Survey

Postby Richard » Thu Nov 21, 2002 8:58 am

I have full internet access at every counter location. Each employee has a d2d logon, but we aren't using it much due to the fact that too many of the larger dealers that we normally buy from don't have the same resources, and we weren't getting responses. One example, a EXTREMLY Large wholesaler didn't respond to an order I placed for over a week, finally I had to call the dealer and place the order, and he STILL hasn't responded to the 2d2 order. The other problem in my mind, the lack of having the AC-Delco wholesalers on d2d. To answer your question a bit more pointedly, we're ready, but the larger dearlers don't seem to be, and until we set order respond standards, it's not going to work, no matter how time saving, ect it might be.
Stopped using One-Touch about 3 yrs ago.
Did GM rush it? Not really, they just didn't roll it out very smoothly, and they didn't give the larger dealers enough reasons to set-up a 'd2d' sales person in their stores.
Richard

Return to Parts Managers