Star Parts Lite

Star Parts Lite

Postby Art_Mopar » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:48 am

Anyone using Mopar's Star Parts Lite? I am so tired of:
December 30, 2008 09:31
Application Issue: "STARPARTS"
Markets affected: US,Canada
Application is currently experiencing intermittent slow performance. No resolution time is available. Please check this site again as updates will be posted as soon as they become available.

The $1,000.00 just might be worth it with all of the crashes lately.
Art_Mopar

Star Parts Lite

Postby arnien » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:32 am

We installed the disc on the hard drive, don't have any problems using it, but then too, the only time we use it is if either our internet provider, or Chrysler starparts is down.
arnien

Star Parts Lite

Postby arnien » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:16 pm

Just today I got the December update for Star Parts Lite! Nothing like having up to date information.
arnien

Star Parts Lite

Postby Art_Mopar » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:35 pm

I love StarParts when it works. I am afraid to buy Star Lite just to have outdated information. If Dealer Connect is down at the same time then even checking superceedences will be next to impossible. If we could maybe make Monday's part of the weekend that would go a long way to solving this problem!
Art_Mopar

Star Parts Lite

Postby X476 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:16 pm

Art,

The next time your starparts is acting up. go to the log it off and then go to the log on screen. in the httpl line type in the word "pilot before the word starparts and then delete everything past the .com and then log on. this will down load some new things. We tried this on Friday when I spent 30 minutes to look up a bumper cover due to it being so slow. I have not had a problem since.This is how it should look when you go to log in.
http://pilot.starparts.chrysler.com/
X476

Star Parts Lite

Postby Art_Mopar » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:18 pm

x476,
Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a try. Gotta ask, what does the "pilot" do and how on earth did you find it?
Art_Mopar

Star Parts Lite

Postby X476 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:47 am

I got it from friend at another dealer, I have no idea where he found out. All I know is when I loaded it it installed a couple of new files and its been working fine ever since.
X476

Star Parts Lite

Postby Stevenspeaking » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:42 am

The pilot site is for the dealers that do some Beta testing. If you are a large dealer with allot of computers be careful and read the restrictions on Starparts lite. It can be installed on only 5 machines. If you have more than 5 get the older E-fiche backup catalog. It is a pdf catalog like the old paper books.

StarParts Lite Features Include:
> StarParts transfer of your parts list to your In-house Dealer Management system
> Supersedence chain of part numbers
> Mopar Catalog notes
> Accessory group with colored graphics for Model years 2005 and forward
> Ability to do a sales code description lookup (If sales code is known)
> Monthly Updates
> Resides on one DVD
> Comparable pricing to e-Fiche
> Easier & more user friendly navigation than e-Fiche
> Ability to load on 5 machines

StarParts Requirements include:
> DVD Drive
> 10 - 12 gigs of hard drive to load graphics
> Full administrator rights on the PC to do the initial load

At this time StarParts Lite cannot be installed on a machine with the Vista operating system.
The StarParts team is working on resolving this issue. The XP operating system is still available thru DealerCONNECT.
Stevenspeaking

Re: Star Parts Lite

Postby Champion1 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:58 am

We tried this on Friday when I spent 30 minutes to look up a bumper cover due to it being so slow. I have not had a problem since.????
Champion1

Return to Parts Managers