Accessories mark-up to NCD

Postby STEVEH » Fri Nov 08, 2002 9:06 am

Our NCD is complaining that they don't make
enough on accessories. They charge the customer the same price we do over the counter. (manuf. list)
This is why with these posts I can show
the NCD manager that we are charging about
the same as other dealers for accessories
only. We charge manuf. list for all other
parts charged to new or used car depts.
STEVEH

Postby GLEvans » Sat Nov 09, 2002 1:17 am

When I told our GM a year ago we were going mark up accessories from 30% to 35% to our sales dept, he bitched like hell! Funny,the S.O.B. told our service manager to go from $50/hour to $70/hour for all internals the previous week. Our sister store gets 40%. Our GM is a real &%#!@. He bitches to me to get our sales and gross up but won't let me get have any resources to do it. (No advertising budget, no space for additional parts - I need a mezzanine bad - Hard to increase wholesale sales if you have no room for quarter panels & doors - no $ for training, no $ for a decent web-site, etc.) ..... Next question - What is the manufacturer's mark up to list on accessories? Mitsu's varies - on accessories for 2002 and older vehicles they mark up accessories 40-50% to list. They told us on most accessories for all the new models coming out this year and later, they will mark them up 67%. So far, so good, as long as they are competitive with the aftermarket.
GLEvans

Previous

Return to Parts Managers