fuel surcharge

fuel surcharge

Postby gmpartsmanager » Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:21 pm

we are a midwest dealer and do a sizable amount of wholesale. has anyone resorted to adding fuel charges to invoices? if so how much? how are you doing this, is it a one day trip charge or is every invoice being charged?
gmpartsmanager

fuel surcharge

Postby FRANKV » Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:09 pm

We have kicked this around a little, but are unsure of the impact, also am thinking about dropping discount by a 1/4 or 1/2 percent to offset gas price.

------------------
FRANKV

fuel surcharge

Postby 69mach1 » Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:36 pm

Yes I have been charging $5.00 to all the customers that usally use us when no one else has it, i only had one person complain, he returned the part and wanted his surcharge back, easy answer- you probally should have used it istead of looking at it. Currently im standing as im writing as you can figure where the part is now LOL. but yes if its not a loyal customer its $5.00 I actully told one if he were to buy x ammont i would refund him back the total.
69mach1

fuel surcharge

Postby gmpartsmanager » Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:01 am

i think with the gas prices the way they are more and more dealers are going to be chargeing a fuel surcharge. we are leaning on chargeing a one day trip charge to the smaller accounts who only buy a few hundred dollars a month. Our core accounts which do all of there business with us, at this time will not incurr the charge. we looked at increasing the gross but with the way our wholesale people are paid it would increase the commision to them.

gmpartsmanager

Return to Parts Managers