dirty core

dirty core

Postby turbo59 » Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:24 pm

i have 56,500 on my month end report as dirty cores. i don't have that many parts with core value in inventory.

how can i correct this number or at least releive the dirty core inventory. the previous staff wasn't doing core returns promptly, so i don't know what is was before i came.

i am on r$r....
thanks...

turbo59
turbo59

dirty core

Postby chartle » Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:11 am

The "Dirty Core" Report is 2222. To relieve the dirty core quantitites you need to go to program 2010, enter the part number, the quantity (usually 1) and the transaction code "MC" for minus core to relieve it from the 2222 report and 2213 report.

Every time you take a core back in the invoice program and there is a core value, and your counter people answer YES to the core return only, it creates a dirty core quantity. I might suggest you set 2222 to run weekly and review it after you get it cleaned up and validated. As you probably know, from Function Code enter Q2222 and follow the prompts for time to print and print queue. The go into 6955 and Modify the report to print WEEKLY and the time you want it should you choose to do this.

Chuck Hartle'
chartle

dirty core

Postby jimt01 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:22 am

Chuck
Thanks for the info. I have been wondering how to get reports to run automatically.

Jim
jimt01

dirty core

Postby turbo59 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:41 am

thanks chuck,

turbo59
turbo59

Return to Parts Managers