GM Programs Changes

GM Programs Changes

Postby partsisparts » Tue Jul 16, 2002 9:19 am

Preach it Jon! You are right... Don't let GM forget how unhappy we are with this decision. As for me, I am now buying ALL AC/Delco from my WD, as are most others in our area. We MUST keep the pressure on!

partsisparts

GM Programs Changes

Postby MADMAX » Tue Jul 16, 2002 6:51 pm

Speaking of AC/Delco WD's, remember a few months ago in this forum how it was discussed that GM is cutting back the Delco WD's and that they are signing new agreements with them all in August? The latest rumour i'm hearing is that in September GM will then come out with a new "program" for them (like they did for us dealers in June) which will be very similar in terms of what they are taking away from the WD's. This of course would have a negative impact on all of us. What does GM want? Do they want ALL the dealers to buy EVERYTHING from them? Do they actually think they could handle all that business? I don't know about anyone else, but right now i'm having to call the warehouse every week about 'lost' unpaid claims + or credits. It shouldn't take 2 or 3 months to get paid on this stuff. My customers wouldn't put up with it, why should i? And yes i said all this on my survey. Every day i'm amazed at what new parts are on backorder. We're an average size dealership that buys approx $20,000 a month from the wd's, what if all the dealerships stopped buying from delco and bought everything from GM (like they want) all at once, they would fall on their face! They can't handle the business they have now ... I'm not an anti-GM guy, they've come a long way in the last 10 years, and they do a lot of things right. Just be careful what you wish for General, you just might get it. For all of our sakes, i hope that they have plans in place to crank up their pace if this all goes down.
MADMAX

Previous

Return to Parts Managers