GM "Common Training"

GM "Common Training"

Postby Richard » Wed Nov 07, 2001 11:37 am

Anyone else gotten this? The General Manager handed all us managers a sheet and tells us we all have to do ALL the tests to stay current under GM Guidelines.....is this BS or another 'new' part of the franchise agreement (like tool audits) that GM has managed to sneak in? You have one chance to pass each of the minor tests, and if you fail, you are required to take a 2 hour IDL session...and that's just for the MINOR tests....I guess part of the reason I am upset over this is the fact that I went to GMU Parts College, and a lot of this stuff looks to be a rehash of that.....and the fact that I HATE IDL.....
Richard

GM "Common Training"

Postby tjsmith » Tue Nov 13, 2001 7:47 pm

IDL is so useless especially for mangers. Every thing is so basic, its about as simple as the useless ROS system. My Dealer Principle is pressing me take these 2hr BASIC IDL so I can be "SO-CALLED CERTIFIED"Parts Manager. It is a waste of my time and the dealerships time. And Ford is the same way with Ford Star...everything is based around entry level. If they want to make us take something, please let it be worth my time, b\c I would not mind it as much if you actually LEARN something.
tjsmith

Return to Parts Managers