Special Order Parts w/ Reynolds

Postby fburrows » Mon Apr 02, 2001 9:22 pm

We have a large GM customer on Reynolds who does not want to keep his special orders on the computer system. He still uses the old special order cards for these parts. I am familiar with UCS and they have a special system for SO parts and there have been prior posts about ADP. How do you Reynolds dealers out there handle your SO parts? Do you still use cards to identify the parts?

thanks

------------------
Frank Burrows
Automotive Business Solutions
frank@autobusiness.org
fburrows

Postby FVANDOREN » Tue Apr 03, 2001 2:54 pm

I have used Reynolds special order system
for five years and it works great. Just
follow the book. Used ADP for many years
before that and like their sop system better.
FVANDOREN

Postby RBickleyJr » Tue Apr 03, 2001 9:05 pm

I had used Reynolds sop for three years and loved it. Now I am cursed with using ADP. In the 2525 screen Reynolds' sop gives you all the convenience of knowing is the part an sop,(S next to QOH on main screen) who is the part an sop for,(customer number, customer name, invoice number)(second screen option 3?) open/unreceived order (option2?)

In 2028 search for sop by: customer name, customer number, part number, ASM number?, tech number.

Easy to read canned reports by ASM, and many custom reports in 6910 (by ASM, by counterman, or by customer.)

The major drawback is an sop has to be on an invoice, RO, or service apointment. This is the one point I prefer ADP's SOR.

RBickleyJr

Postby jagman » Wed Apr 04, 2001 12:52 am

reynolds sop works well but can be maintnence
driven when you use 2041 to add sop's outside
of 2525.I use a report generator that is
counterman specific for them to follow up and
or clear out sop's.We also still use a sop
form so that service has 1 copy attached to
ro and also get another copy when a part has
arrived.
jagman

Postby budman » Wed Apr 04, 2001 11:21 am

I've used the R&R SOR feature for years, and never encountered many problems. It does require a little work, but much less than the Cards. Saves a lot of counterman time, by not having to write down the info, and makes ordering a breeze! Mailing postcards and reminder postcards are simple, and easy for the postman and customer to read! Can't understand why someone wouldn't want to use this feature. The only problem we have, is changing the info, say when part is ordered for a stock unit on your lot, and by the time the part is in, the vehicle has been sold to a customer. Or just ordering for an internal stock unit. We have trouble getting the part to the right vehicle, because if part is ordered on an RO#, and they close the RO, the system generates a post-card for the company name and not the stock unit for which it was ordered. If anyone has any suggestions on how to remedy this, it would be appreciated!
budman

Postby RBickleyJr » Thu Apr 05, 2001 10:14 pm

If it was ordered on an RO, go back to your ASM and have them check in 3030 or 3040 by stock, or vin number. If the deal has been booked properly customer name, address, and phone number will show on these service screens. If it has not been entered, check with the business manager, sales manager, or office manager.

I'm sure it's hard to find the time to do this, but think of the customer satisfaction. Not to mention shrinking forced stock.

Although I am not currently on Reynolds, could someone please explain to me how SOP works in 2041? Are you able to create an SOP there? George B was a great trainer, but he didn't mention this.

As for ADP, I did discover using the asterik on the command line to check for SOR information.
RBickleyJr

Postby Scottbob » Wed Apr 18, 2001 12:40 pm

I am a former fixed ops trainer/Consultant with Reynolds and Reynolds (still with this great company)and the SOP system works GREAT! It can be used in basic form or some very advanced techniques. The SOP system has a multitude of functionalities but what it critical is...
Define what issues that customer has. Reynolds offers remote training through their distance learning center at a low cost. Sometimes this is a good start. I think customers who choose to not use R&R SOP process do so because they do not understand it. Those who do, use it, love it and will enthusiastically tell you about the benefits they receive.
Scottbob
Scottbob

Postby Scottbob » Wed Apr 18, 2001 12:44 pm

I also failed to mention that you also have the ability to print S/O labels (on pressure sensitive labels that can be removed) that may be printed after the receipting process in the S/O label program or letterwriter.
Scottbob
Scottbob

Postby Chuck Hartle » Wed Apr 18, 2001 1:03 pm

ScottBob,

How can you sign up for this remote training at what is the cost? I would really like to look into this.

Thanks,

Chuck Hartle'
Chuck Hartle

Postby jimm » Wed Apr 18, 2001 11:42 pm

scottbob,
i have a question. Why can't r&r make the s/o feature automaticly print out the information on the part being ordered? this is what i mean... I order a part on an invoice or an RO using SB, SP, or SD. If some would write a program so that when these 3 transaction codes are used, it prompts to print out the s/o info onto an ORDER CARD, r&r would need to make continuos feed order cards also, it would save a lot of time because we wouldn't have to write the info onto the order card.
jimm

Next

Return to Parts Managers