display

display

Postby turbo59 » Fri Nov 01, 2002 1:05 pm

how do i get my onumb and qty to display after entering a part number on the display screen. we are using adp. somehow we lost this a few days ago...

on the learning curve...
turbo59
turbo59

display

Postby jazdale » Sat Nov 02, 2002 9:10 am

short answer
DS/DL display line change in AM MNT MSDL
I/PRO display line change in AM OMN OSDL

Long Answer
1.When setting up display lines, the system asks if you wish to update.
When you answer yes, all fields are removed. Re-enter all fields in the order you wish to see them.

2.You cannot exceed 80 characters.

3.Many users don't realize that you have 3 different display lines - use these to your advantage. Maybe the primary line for selling, the second (* line) for order detail, and the third ($ line) for prices or 12 month history. When you're in I/PRO/DS/DL, at part number prompt - entering a $ or * will display the last part number with the new display line detail.
Consider removing cost from the main line if you have nosy customers, then show it only on one of the secondary lines.

4. Sale will show the customer's price before you sell a quantity. E-Sale (extended sale) will show the price after you sell a quantity.

5. If you don't set up a special PRO display, it will assume the same setup as I.

6. Tasty fields
GPP for gross profit percentage
O.H O.O ODATE RDATE CNAME will show the special order detail of which customer ordered a part, when you receipted it, and if its still in the bin (not using auto-fill SOR)

7. When in I/PRO and at the Qty sold prompt, you can hit F11 for full part detail.

Dale
jazdale

Return to Parts Managers