ADP Batch Change

ADP Batch Change

Postby ajz » Wed Jun 12, 2002 10:50 am

Does anyone know how to use the ADP batch change to change a group of parts with a bin location to no bin location?

Thank you.
ajz

ADP Batch Change

Postby Chuck Hartle » Wed Jun 12, 2002 11:20 am

ajz,

The Batch Change program, to my knowledge, will not allow a "NULL" entry to delete a bin. This even comes up in the F1 key when entered for help.

If you can pull a list of the parts that you want to change to no bin and save the list:
ie "SAVE-LIST NEWBIN"
You can call your ADP Parts Support and ask them to process this for you. Reynolds and Reynolds is starting to move far ahead of ADP in this area in their 2109 program. They allow the entry of an "X" in the bin field to blank it out.

Chuck Hartle'
PartsEdge
Chuck Hartle

ADP Batch Change

Postby Robert Button » Wed Jun 12, 2002 12:01 pm

Actually, you can. No bin is also considered Bin 0. You can batch change all your parts with NO bin locations to SOP bin by using a 0 and vice versa.
Robert Button

ADP Batch Change

Postby Chuck Hartle » Wed Jun 12, 2002 1:59 pm

Robert,

I just tried to change a bin location "123A"
using "0" and the bin location came up "0", not blank. Am I missing something here?

Chuck Hartle'
Chuck Hartle

ADP Batch Change

Postby MarkH » Wed Jun 12, 2002 4:12 pm

Chuck,

You said ADP Parts Support. What's that?
MarkH

ADP Batch Change

Postby Robert Button » Thu Jun 13, 2002 4:17 pm

Weird, I tried it on one part and it worked with using only one part but when I batched changed an exsisting bin it came up 0. sorry for the confusion. I know the opposite works.
Robert Button

ADP Batch Change

Postby Ted@ADP » Thu Jun 13, 2002 10:45 pm

I tried it also, and was unable to find a way to replace bins with a null.

You could replace it with something like NULLBIN, and then report those parts with RBB (Report By Bin) rather than RNB (Report No Bin.)

I assume you are removing the bin from parts that are NS that you have 0 on hand.
Is this correct? If you mention why you want to remove the bin, I am sure you will have a flood of alternate procedure suggestions.

Ted
Ted@ADP

ADP Batch Change

Postby imacdude » Wed Jun 19, 2002 2:46 pm

For those who have an internet connection and not a whole ton of time. go to www.dealersuite.com This is an ADP site where I open most of my cases. For an issue like this where I have something to have done and there is no immediate need (system down, etc.) I open a dealersuite case and let the support center handle it. I can also monitor their progress and leave notes to call on issues. You just have to be specific.

John Belen
Parts Mgr. System Administrator.
imacdude

ADP Batch Change

Postby jefffew@hotmail.com » Tue Jul 09, 2002 10:54 pm

there is a place you can get custom programs
they work good for changing a bin of parts to another bin ,and several other programs are very useful i used them on adp
check this web site www.jimgarner.com
jefffew@hotmail.com

Return to Parts Managers