Chuckle Of The Day

Chuckle Of The Day

Postby DWoodward » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:46 pm

just thought i would share this one with you guys.i just had a customer come in and ask for a can of GM Mud Flap Lube! i figured i had heard it all seen it all,but with the invention of diesel exhaust fluid i thought i would listen. apparently he purchased a set of chevy flaps from us a few days ago and he actually read the directions on how to install them (yeah i know). and in the instructions it calls for GM p/n 12346241 (Super Lube) to be sprayed on the screws prior to installing. so i sold him a can of super lube and sent him on his way.

[This message has been edited by DWoodward (edited 08-30-2012).]

DWoodward

Chuckle Of The Day

Postby CMayne » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:53 pm

Mazda ruined the muffler bearing joke a while back, yup they actually have a bearing on one of their supt brackets. The best one that I ever heard was from one of the NAPA guys on a 1970 Mustang. "the customer comes in and wants front brakes and he is going to do it himself. NAPA guy: "Does it have disc or drum breaks?" Customer: "hell I don't know it only has one pedal!" And this guy drives on the same raods as you or I!
CMayne

Chuckle Of The Day

Postby DWoodward » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:07 pm

lols,back in my aftermarket parts days i had a woman come in one time and ask for a hitch for her husbands pick up truck.when i asked her if she wanted a ball for it she said,no thanks i'll pay cash! priceless!
DWoodward

Chuckle Of The Day

Postby FixedManager » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:24 pm

As a young Partsman at an aftermarket store over the course of a week I sold one customer everything for the front end that could be replaced. On a Saturday afternoon with three minutes before closing he is back at the counter lamenting a vibration that won't go away. The old experienced Parts Guy looks at him and says "Do you still have the factory air in the tires?". The customer looks at him with a puzzled look which turns into a big smile as he says "I think I do. Thanks for the help" and runs out the door.

I never saw him again.
FixedManager

Chuckle Of The Day

Postby texaslp » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:29 pm

My husband is a welder for pre-fab buildings. The joke on newbies is to send them around the plant looking for the beam stretcher. A few weeks ago, the newbie asked the supervisor and the supervisor was helping him look for it. And not as part of the joke.
texaslp

Chuckle Of The Day

Postby ehiatt » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:45 am

"A few weeks ago, the newbie asked the supervisor and the supervisor was helping him look for it. And not as part of the joke."
A sad commentary on what passes for management these days.

When I was younger, they had people look for Corvair water pumps, lumber strechers and skyhooks.
ehiatt

Chuckle Of The Day

Postby ederemer » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:13 am

Sent a newbie to the basement for special order forms (no basement)... told him to go to the office to get the key... (the office wasn't in on the joke)... he shows up in the office and asked for the basement key.. she looks at him, opens her desk and pulls out a key and says here you go! PRICELESS !

Mr. Ed
Sunny Florida
ederemer

Chuckle Of The Day

Postby mham » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:38 am

We always sent the newbie for the wood welder.
mham

Chuckle Of The Day

Postby Parts007 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:50 am

Dealer I used to work at, the body shop was a block away, well within walking distance. We would always page the newbie car salespeople and even the veterans over to the bodyshop... They would get over there and no one would have a clue. We never realized the victim in all this was the Bodyshop Manager, who always had to deal with the salespeople when they got over there and try to figure out why they were there. Bodyshop Manager finally figured out our scam and was all angry at us.....
Parts007

Chuckle Of The Day

Postby the hammer » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:19 pm

The classic one is to page the newbie sales person as follows xxx salesperson call 51 which was our all page line then everyone could hear him say hello,hello, anyone there
the hammer

Next

Return to Parts Managers