Chuckle Of The Day

Chuckle Of The Day

Postby partsman103 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:27 pm

2 quickies:

Sent new delivery driver to salvage yard to find a wobble shaft.

New counter guy was asked to look up a thermostat for a corvair.
partsman103

Chuckle Of The Day

Postby partking » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:48 pm

My first job in the biz was an afterschool gig as a gofer in an automotive warehouse. Day one they sent me to bring down a Lincoln continental kit from the mezz. Had no idea that the carton stood a foot taller than me and outweighed me by a ratio of 2 to 1. I struggled mightily while they all laughed.
partking

Chuckle Of The Day

Postby CMayne » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:05 pm

The Corvair was always the classic! Called a friend of mine that owned a little parts store. He had a young girl working for him and was there by herself. Told her that the heater core for a Corvair was dicontinued but I may be able to get one after market. My buddy called me back about 2 hours later so peeod that he laughing tears. The girl had EVERY book he owned spread all over the store because I was his friend and by god she was going to find it! About 2 weeks later her dad (owned a little shop in the area) came in looking for front wheel seals for a Corvair. She turned red, told him to FO and walked out of the store. 2 year later my buddy is still laughing so hard he's crying over it.
CMayne

Chuckle Of The Day

Postby prtsmgr » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:47 pm

We used to send newbies looking for the kababble valve.

I've also heard of a few newbies trying to find touch-up paint for a Delorean.

I'm sure the list goes on . . .
prtsmgr

Chuckle Of The Day

Postby ederemer » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:14 pm

DeLorean touchup paint... good one.
The Fascias were about the only paint on the car.
I was a DeLorean parts manager.
What a resume!

Mr. Ed
ederemer

Chuckle Of The Day

Postby ehiatt » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:14 pm

This is the best one I have ever seen.

New guy where I worked was cleaning cigarette butts out of a big ashtray at the techs counter with sand in it using a spoon with holes in it. He was throwing them in the trash, of course.

One of the guys walked up and told him the owner will be mad if he sees him throwing the butts away. He tells him the owner puts them in his flower garden at home, thinking it helps his flowers grow. So, the guy finds a bag and starts digging the butts out of the trash.

He asks what he should do with them. The guy tells him to take them to the body shop manager across the parking lot, he keeps them for him. So the poor guy takes off across the parking lot with a brown bag full of cig butts! He busts into the office and announces Here are some cigarette butts for Mr Harris flower garden! Of course, the BS manager knows nothing about all this and thinks the guy has lost his mind. He told him he better get his a$$ back over to the dealership. (The BS mgr told me all of this later.)

To this day I wished I could have been a fly on the wall in the BS office.
ehiatt

Chuckle Of The Day

Postby GMCANADA » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:48 pm

When was a newbie, the tranny guy asked me for a foo-foo valve for a TH-400. I started looking but not for long as he couldn't keep a staight face. The request for a can of compression didn't work on me though.
GMCANADA

Chuckle Of The Day

Postby ehiatt » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:58 pm

"A can of compression." That's good. I may borrow that.
ehiatt

Chuckle Of The Day

Postby bohica » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:59 pm

If you want to have some fun with any of your FNG's, send them up to the business office to fetch a four foot yardstick.
bohica

Chuckle Of The Day

Postby cville1987 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:01 pm

We always joked about the muffler bearings and blinker fluid, but the only one that ever worked was there was an idiot counterguy at our local O'Reilly's store. He wasn't supposed to answer the wholesale line but did anyway. So, I called and told him I needed pads and shoes for an '83 Corvette and to call me back when he found them. His manager called me a few hours later and we had a good laugh.
cville1987

PreviousNext

Return to Parts Managers