Chuckle Of The Day

Chuckle Of The Day

Postby ChuckL » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:52 pm

Does anyone remember the Volkswagen engine rebuild kit...do a Google image search for "engine rebuild kit Volkswagen"...just a rubber band.
ChuckL

Chuckle Of The Day

Postby superseded » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:18 pm

Check out kalecoauto.com for hard to find replacement parts like blinker fluid and johnson rods etc...
superseded

Chuckle Of The Day

Postby coleracing77 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:05 pm

Another good one is a radiator cap for a 76 VW beetle.

Oh and a couple years ago we let the FNG look for a Hypadefanator pump (Pronounced
hypa-def-a-nator) for a 1983 chevy luv about 3hrs in the paper catalog until we finally ended up giving in.
coleracing77

Chuckle Of The Day

Postby B964 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:04 am

A new service tech right out of school was told to program a remote for a Ford. He asked one of the other techs what the procedure was and was told he can spend an hour doing it the factory way or a short cut. The short cut was holding down the lock and unlock buttons and run around the car four times within 30 seconds. If it doesn't work after that then he didn't go around fast enough. He tried and tried and tried until the other tech was worried he would have a heart attack and finally told him it was a joke.
B964

Chuckle Of The Day

Postby Bobby M » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:34 am

I was doing an inventory at Manhattan Jeep Eagle over 20 years ago and the parts manager told us a story.

They had a customer bring their vehicle in for an oil change every day. After several days the service manager asked him what the deal was.

The guy worked around the corner and they were running a $19.95 oil change special for the month. Parking was $30/day. Netted $10/day + the oil filter that they then threw in the trunk for him every day from then on.
Bobby M

Chuckle Of The Day

Postby TROUT » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:43 am

The best one I can remember was way back in the aftermarket world. I had a young man come in and wanted rings and bearings for his
old Impala, I asked him if they were standard, and he said no, its an automatic.
TROUT

Chuckle Of The Day

Postby Zep33 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:51 am

"Can I get a gas cap for my Yugo?

"Sure, sounds like a fair trade"
Zep33

Chuckle Of The Day

Postby DWoodward » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:32 pm

i am sure you have all heard of the "710" cap.... (upside-down oil cap) lols or the blonde that came in looking for vasoline oil instead of Valvoline oil.
DWoodward

Chuckle Of The Day

Postby katey » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:32 pm

Years ago in the a/m world I had a customer come in looking for parts for his Pontiac Goolie, I had not been in parts long and looked all over the catalog for that model, of course I could not find it, finally went outside and looked at the car, was a Pontiac 6000 LE, customer thought the 6 was a G, joke was on me.
katey

Chuckle Of The Day

Postby ehiatt » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:52 am

I have had people ask for "goolie" parts but I don't think they were kidding! :/
ehiatt

PreviousNext

Return to Parts Managers