Chuckle Of The Day

Chuckle Of The Day

Postby APM » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:38 pm

OK I gotta share. In a past life I worked a tire shop. We usually kept old tubes ( remember those?) and gave them away to kids for rafting in the summer. This guy came in one day all spiffed out in a new safari suit-really pressed and gleaming white. He asked for tubes for rafting and I said help himself, he kept pestering me for help..again and again. which tube, what size, blah blah..Finally I said to get the correct fit he should try on a few sizes. So I pulled hafl a dozen from the back and aired them up..big ones, medium, and small (remebr these are used..dirty, greasy tubes..any way I convinced him to try each on..you know lay back and feel the fit....yep, the boy walked away with a bullseye on his butt and never understood why everyone was laughing.
APM

Chuckle Of The Day

Postby redhead » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:10 am

I WAS SICK AT HOME ONE TIME. BORED OUT OF MY MINE. HAD A NEWBIE ON THE PARTS COUNTER. I DECIDED TO CALL IN AND HE ANSWERS. ASK HIM IF THEY HAD EXHAUST MANIFOLD GSKTS TO A 350 WANKEL ENGINES. U REMEMBER THAT COMMERCIAL. PISTON ENGINES GO BOING BOING BOING. MASZDA ENGINES GO HHHMMMMMM. SPENT 15 MINS WAITING ON THE PHONE CHUCKLING TO MYSELF. AT LEAST I GOT OVER THAT COLD WITH A SMILE.
redhead

Re: Chuckle Of The Day

Postby dropdeaddart » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:48 pm

There was a guy here before me, and the guy i work with at back counter told him to look up a camshaft for a rx-7
dropdeaddart

Postby Bailo1 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:03 pm

Had a lady come in last week and request we put "summer air" in her tires. No idea what exactly she was referring to.
Bailo1

Postby CMayne » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:12 pm

Bailo1 wrote:Had a lady come in last week and request we put "summer air" in her tires. No idea what exactly she was referring to.

LMAO!!!!! Had that years ago when I lived up in the cold country (-23). Some saleman had sold this little old lady a 1972 300 hp Chevelle. Spring time 1981 she came in wanted the winter air taken out and summer air put in the tires along with a tune up. We gave the car a good looking over (1428 miles on it, yup I do remember), took it out on the highway and "blew the carbon out of it" and sent her on her way. No Charge. :)
CMayne

Postby X476 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:49 pm

CMayne,
when I was at a Buick dealer in the early eighties we did alot of those "Throttle Tunes" We even had a no charge labor op for it. :lol:
X476

Postby brparts » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:52 am

in 1960 i was working at a parts store in pasadena, one of our customers called and said he lost the radiator cap for a 60 corvair and needed one right away. it took several calls to realize he was pulling a joke on us
brparts

Postby nansorbdarb » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:06 pm

Call Oreilly's and tell them you have a part number and you want to know availabilty. Part number is 121G, and the line code is EB. Wait and listen for their response. :D
nansorbdarb

Postby johnmc98 » Wed May 07, 2014 2:41 am

nansorbdarb wrote:Call Oreilly's and tell them you have a part number and you want to know availabilty. Part number is 121G, and the line code is EB. Wait and listen for their response. :D

That is freaking hilarious, went on their first call online website and put in the number. Shows right up. :lol:
johnmc98

Postby ehiatt » Wed May 07, 2014 2:50 pm

Cool! They also have the deluxe model! :mrgreen:
Go to the O'Reilly website and search for "121GMF"
ehiatt

PreviousNext

Return to Parts Managers