APM INVOLVMENT??

APM INVOLVMENT??

Postby THEZ71 » Mon Jun 23, 2003 3:42 pm

TODAY MY APM TOLD ME HE WAS COMING BY TOMORROW TO DO AN ANALYSIS. HE WANTED ME TO PULL MY TOP 5 VENDORS SO WE COULD COMPARE PURCHASES. HAS THIS HAPPEND TO ANYONE ELSE BEFORE? WHAT IS THE EXTINT OF PRIVY INFORMATION THEY CAN ACTUALLY EXPECT FROM Y OU? HAVE I BEEN SINGLED OUT? IS THERE ANY LEVEL OF RESISTENCE I HAVE? IS THIS PART OF THE DEALER AGREEMENT FOR WARRANTY OR ANY OTHER KIND OF AGREEMENT?
THEZ71

APM INVOLVMENT??

Postby scotstrong » Mon Jun 23, 2003 4:36 pm

Which manufacturer does this A.P.M. represent?
scotstrong

APM INVOLVMENT??

Postby Richard » Mon Jun 23, 2003 4:36 pm

My APM did the same last week. Basically, it has to do with competitive items, batteries, AC Delco purchases, and tires (If you're on the ON A ROLL program.) Don't get too upset with your APM, it's just yet another directive from the 17th floor of GM, the APM is doing as (s)he has been told. Remember this as well, 10% of your APM's pay comes from your hitting purchase goals.

Worry about it? Yes....because if the APM finds too much Delco bought out for warranty, GM can come looking for the 687 discount you recieved from your AC-Delco jobber. I think it's just another way GM is trying to make fixed operations pay for their failures in selling cars profitaly (IE, GM is killing themselves with 0.0%).
As far as it being in your franchise agreement, yes, you are supposed to make every effort to buy the part from GM used for warranty.
Richard

APM INVOLVMENT??

Postby DRCROMER » Wed Jun 25, 2003 12:18 pm

YES..MY GENERAL MOTORS APM DID THE SAME THING..REQUESTED TO SEE MY TOP OUTSIDE AC DELCO VENDORS AND COMPARE THEIR INVOICE PRICING TO GM..NOT HAPPY WITH THAT BUT WAS TOLD GM HAS RIGHT TO SEE OUR RECORDS AT ANY TIME....I AGREE..GM IS TRYING TO GET AN IDEA OF HOW MUCH THEY ARE MISSING AND THEY ARE CLAMPING DOWN ON RETURNED CORES TOO...
DRCROMER

APM INVOLVMENT??

Postby bass » Thu Jun 26, 2003 7:23 pm

REMEMBER OE CONNECTION. THEY KNOW RIGHT NOW HOW MUCH YOU BOUGHT FROM THEM AND WHAT YOU BOUGHT FROM OUTSIDE SUPPLIERS. GET READY, THEY ARE GOING TO BE CONTROLLING US MORE AND MORE EVERY DAY.
bass

Return to Parts Managers