Delphi Bankruptcy = Parts Supply issues?

Postby Richard » Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:01 pm

Any ideas on how the Delphi bankruptcy may affect us on the parts management end, and how soon will we feel those effects?
Richard

Postby Old Irish » Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:26 pm

First I've heard of it so I don't know any details.....but quite often when an outfit files BK they just "reorganize" with new investors and there is no interuption of service.

One can only hope.....

Cheers
DD
Old Irish

Postby Tazz121 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:41 pm

Here is a link to the information. http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story.a ... eid=google
Tazz121

Postby Honda Parts101 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:55 am

thank god..ive been waiting for this to happen for quite some time..delphi makes a terrible product anyhow..
Honda Parts101

Postby Parts007 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:33 am

Todays headlines, A Wall Street analyst yesterday warned that General Motors has a 30% chance of filing for bankruptcy following a weekend of further turmoil in the Detroit motor industry including the bankruptcy filing of GM's largest parts supplier, Delphi.

Any moderators or people knowledgeable to this market wish to comment on these issues. Specifically, how it may affect the parts supply in the future.

What can we as parts managers do to prepare for this? Increase days supply? Other thoughts?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Parts007

Postby PARTSGIRL » Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:15 pm

My mother works closely with Delphi and it dont look to good from what she can see.
PARTSGIRL

Return to Parts Managers