Selling Quantity Unit Packs in R&R

Postby Magpie » Fri Nov 16, 2001 12:04 pm

Toyota, in their effort to downgrade their customer service to the level the domestic suppliers provide, has increased the use of quantity unit packs to include all parts with a per-piece cost less than $1. The catch is, they are no longer accepting obsolescence returns in less than full pack quantities. Is there a set-up in Reynolds&Reynolds parts invoicing that would require the sale of a part by its QUP? (similar to what the system does when you place an order for a less-than QUP quantity).If there is, can you override it to sell oil filters, spark plugs, etc.? I'm tired of eating $9.00 because my counterperson only sold 1 bolt to a guy.
Thanks!
Magpie

Postby petepuma01 » Fri Nov 16, 2001 9:43 pm

There is not a specification that can require the counterperson to special order/sell in a pack quantity multiple.

If you haven't done so already, you may want to add the pack quantity field as a display field. While this won't force a counterperson to sell in pack quantity, the information will be right in front of them.

For the inquiry screen (2021, 2525 Q screen), you can add the PACK field in 2333 Parts Counter Format.

For 2525 Counter Sales, you can the PACK field in 2570 Counter Sales Format.

petepuma01

Postby jhallows » Mon Jan 28, 2002 12:48 am

If possible buy out that part from another
dealer that is stuck with that unit pack.
A good counter person with common sense
will pick up on that. I think showing the
parts person the whole story they will
understand, why buy 10 when you only need 1.
If no dealer stocks it you have to bite the
bullet.
jhallows

Postby kenm » Mon Jan 28, 2002 12:37 pm

I instruct my people on parts such as nuts and bolts to sell the entire pack to a customer on a special order, clips and such also but on a case by case basis depending on what they fit.
kenm

Return to Parts Managers