Autosoft DMS System - How Good/Bad Is It?

Postby Louis » Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:14 pm

Our contract with R&R (ERA system) is up in a few months so we are preparing and looking at different DMS systems. I did a search for a thread on this subject but there hasn't been a post for some time and as fast as things change (especially in the computer field) I would like to bring up the subject again.

One of the top contenders seems to be Autosoft. They have a Windows based system that seems very user friendly with some things that make a lot of sense compared to the way R&R does it - but how much can you tell from a short demonstration. Also one of the big motivations is the cost is a ton less than R&R.

Is there anyone out there that has recently made the switch from R&R to Autosoft?

How smooth (or rough) was the transition?

Can you give me some pro's and con's on Autosoft.

How about those of you that have been on Autosoft for a while. Are you satisfied with the way the system works and the technical support you get?

Thanks for your input!
Louis

Postby KIAPARTSGUY » Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:34 pm

I NOW AM ON REY REY BUT CAME FROM AUTOSOFT
IT IS HORRIBLE, WE COULDNT EVEN GET SPORD IN THE COMPUTER AND IT CRASHED A LOT
KIAPARTSGUY

Postby JDeere » Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:38 pm

I don't know anything about Autosoft but you would want to check with your manufacturer to see if they support an interface with it, and if so is there an additional charge. There is no point in saving on a computer service just to add personell. In the grand scheme of things, there are fewer issues to resolve with the computer than with people.

It sounds like whoever is going to make the final decision needs to talk to KIAPARTSGUY.
JDeere

Return to Parts Managers