ADP & parts no sale >11

ADP & parts no sale >11

Postby drapp » Thu Dec 06, 2001 7:29 pm

Let's say that a given part has been tracked on an ADP system for many months. This part has been sold a few times, just enough to keep it active. The part then appears on the GMSPO stocking guide and since this part is relatively inexpensive I decide to add it. (Let's stay away from the stocking guide debate on this one) If I were to change the entry date on this part number would it effect WHEN the dollar amount of this part drops into the MNS>11 figure on the MGR reports? What I am considering is changing the entry date to match the date I add the part to stock. I have asked ADP support about this one and they have not a clue what changing the entry date will or won't do. I have not tried this yet, has anyone?
drapp

ADP & parts no sale >11

Postby Chuck Hartle » Thu Dec 06, 2001 7:39 pm

Drapp,

Changing the entry date on a part with this high a MNS won't affect anything. We changed a small group of numbers several years ago. They had some history that had enough history to phase-in. We isolated these parts into a single source and when we generated a stock order on these parts, we got a negative order.

I would suggest that you isolate your RSG parts into one or two sources, (one for active parts and one for NS parts), adjust the entry date to current and track it from there. One problem you will still have is that the MNS will still be 11 MNS.

If you want to email me directly at chartle@partsedge.com or call me at (800) 825-7562, I will explain to you how you can adjust these so that you won't have to alter the entry date. I can't write about it here.

Chuck Hartle'
Chuck Hartle

ADP & parts no sale >11

Postby Ted@ADP » Thu Dec 13, 2001 12:03 am

I agree with Chuck that ENTRY-DATE will not affect anything. For the most part, (excuse the pun) it is only for your information.

If it is important enough to you, you could post a fake sale to the part through DS or PS. Although no one would recommend doing this, if you do post a fake sale, post it to a month older than four months ago. STK looks back up to three month to determine BSL and BRP. You do run the risk of phasing the part in too soon. Approach with caution!
Ted@ADP

Return to Parts Managers