IE11 Now Supported for GlobalConnect?!

IE11 Now Supported for GlobalConnect?!

Postby Denise Trimble » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:15 pm

DFOAB Issue 3210 has the comment attached by Bruce Brantner :

"In the latest GM Dealer Infrastructure Guidelines, it states IE11 is now supported. We never saw an e-mail or bulletin that said we could finally update from IE9 and just happened to notice the new guidelines stating IE11 was supported. You also have to enable "compatibility view" in your browser for some of the website features to operate properly. If you clear the IE settings, you may have to re-enable compatibility settings. This seems to work for us."

Has anyone else had success using IE11? We have not implemented it yet. Please share your opinion of the overall effect on the way you use GlobalConnect.
Denise Trimble

Re: IE11 Now Supported for GlobalConnect?!

Postby X476 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:48 pm

Thats funny, yesterday my Global Connect wasn't working. I called the help desk and the first thing they asked was if I was using IE9? Which I am, they had me reset a bunch of other stuff then it would work in the parts application only but VERY slow. Now today everything works fine???
X476

Postby drapp » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:53 pm

I have been using IE11 for a couple weeks now. I also left IE11 on a new laptop for the service department. There are issues. Certain websites/functions will not operate properly, still have to use Chrome. Training website help desk couldn't advise as to compatibility of IE11. Therefore, I am 'testing' on my PC. Basically at this time it is no worse than IE9 --- but I wouldn't bet the dealership functionality on it...yet.

As for your discovery in the IT standards - that is exactly where I noticed it when I was researching the aforementioned laptop specs. Nice of them to let us know, wasn't it?

Interestingly, JAVA software is in the same state. TIS 2 Web shows version 6-67 as the recommended version. Call the help desk and they will tell you to download the latest version. Then if it doesn't work remove it and install 6-67.

I like to remind them that we don't do computer work for a living - we are a dealership. Which brings me to my next question - not wanting to high jack the subject.

How many of you have an onsite IT person or department?
drapp

Postby Denise Trimble » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:09 pm

How many of you have an onsite IT person or department?[/quote]

We, like many others I'm sure, have someone who pulls multi-duty when it comes to the IT person. Ours is Owner/Salesman/IT.
Denise Trimble

Postby possum » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:17 pm

We have 2 IT people. One is the Manager of our BDC, and he does all the software purchasing, filters, DMS management, phones, co.website, etc. The other guy does all the hardware, updates and troubleshooting.
possum

Postby Denise Trimble » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:17 pm

Thank you for the feedback, drapp, we will proceed with caution!
Denise Trimble

Postby samairahsethi » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:00 am

Excellent topic. Great information here. Thank you.
samairahsethi

Postby Poojakhana » Wed May 08, 2019 8:31 am

I learnt a lot here. Thank for such a piece of valuable information. Keep up!
Poojakhana

Return to Parts Managers