Ford Part Number Recognition

Postby Chuck Hartle » Tue Sep 24, 2002 5:30 pm

This question is any Ford Parts Rep, Ford Parts manager, or computer vendor who monitors this forum to possibly answer. I went to a Ford Daily Parts Advantage meeting this morning.

We asked a question that seemed to perplex those Ford people in attendance, and probably because they just didn't know or understand.

Before I get to the question, you all should know about the 3 depot declarations that they have:
LV/LC = Low Volume.. Low Cube Center
HCC = High Cube Center (Sheet Metal)
HVC = High Volume Center

The question we put forth was this... will Ford update and/or release some sort of designation in the ABCD or DETAIL fields the designation point of these parts? In short, will a dealer easily be able to identify whether or not a part in LV/LC, HCC, or HVC just by inquiring a part on these DMS system off the master tape?

It is really about time that Ford adds two other designations to these as well, one for motorcraft and one for FAD Powertrain as well. Right now it is pretty easy to break down motorcraft parts from OE, but it would sure be nice to have all five designators in a single spot in the ABCD or DETAIL field supplied on the master tape.

Does anyone know if this is in the works or is it already out there. One Ford person told us it was out there in the regions who have already kicked off DPA... I can't believe that ADP and Reynolds and Reynolds could control, let alone want to, try and produce more than one master tape based on how Ford rolls this out and when. Anyone got some answers or feedback on this.

Thanks,

Chuck Hartle'
Chuck Hartle

Postby eric the red » Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:43 pm

I don't think they will do this. The plan, as I understand it, is to put more and more pressure on the dealers to provide internet access to employees, who then can access DOES II and see the stocking profile. At this time, I feel that Ford is not going to undertake anything that will add to overhead.
eric the red

Return to Parts Managers