DA Report

DA Report

Postby Dave » Tue Jun 15, 1999 9:18 pm

Hopefully someone can tell me what the "Fleet" column on the DA Report represents. I have been watching the numbers keep growing in this feild, but am not sure how to slow it down if I don't know where GM is pulling the information from. I have asked my new DSM but as of yet I have gotten no answer.
Dave

DA Report

Postby robc » Fri Jun 18, 1999 9:23 am

Dave,

Any expense on vehicles that were sold as a "Fleet" are shown in this row, including warranty and goodwill. The numbers shown in the Memo Totals section are breakouts of the expense shown above in the 3-month repair group analysis. It is used kind of like the transient vehicle section, in that this allows us to know if these types of vehicles or claims are influencing your expense. Not necessarily anything you are doing wrong.

Here's the typical situation. Service Manager says, "I am high in warranty expense because of all these fleet vehicles we do..." To validate this assertion we can look at this line and just see if the shop is doing more fleet vehicles than his peers. It can get more involved from that point, but that's the basics.

Hope that helps. And as a side, I often wonder why I know this stuff and GM hasn't bothered to teach the ASM's this. I think GM should consider a basic course on reading expense reports for all their reps.

------------------
** Rob, Editor WD&S **
Help is only a message post away!
robc@dealersedge.com
robc

Return to Service & Body Shop Managers