Your daily routine as Service manager

Your daily routine as Service manager

Postby LOWAIRD1964 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:17 pm

Just curious of other service managers daily routines.
LOWAIRD1964

Re: Your daily routine as Service manager

Postby Ichabod Farquar » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:16 am

Is there such a thing as a routine in today's dealership environment? For me it is FIRE !!! Respond... Nearly all day. Perhaps I am just not the manager I once thought I never was..
Ichabod Farquar

Postby roncox » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:34 pm

more fireman then service manager any more after almost 30 years sh*ts is getting old
roncox

Postby watermarkly » Sat May 09, 2020 6:54 am

As a service manager of watermarkly app at Dysel, I am the first point of contact for our customers. The best IT and service management tools are the ones that work right out the box and naturally fit into your workflow,
watermarkly

Postby sadkison » Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:22 pm

My thoughts...
As a service manager it's easy to loose track of a few hours or even a day when your the fireman, however the job has somethings that need your daily attention so a "Daily workout" is useually a good idea. I have have found a written plan helps to form habits and then the habits will take over. I know fires happen and putting them out is part of the job, however if you can make it a practice to stop for a second when the smoke clears and reveiw a written plan less things will fall through the cracks. I have included the written plan I put together for our service managers, I know it does not cover everything but its a good starting point.

Service Manager Daily Workout

1. Review Daily CP and Gross profit numbers and compare to forecast
2. Review CSI scores
3. Review grid utilization, effective labor rate, and hours per RO for yesterday and month to date business. (Meet one on one with anyone who is not meeting standard.)
4. Spend 30 minutes on service drive to watch flow of business and ensure processes are being followed. Critique and praise where suited.
5. Review repair orders (customer pay and warranty) for MPI, compliance and missed opportunities.
6. Review repair orders (5 or so) daily with advisors for coaching on sales technique.
7. Walk shop for workflow and safety compliance, Say hello to all techs.
8. Run and review service advisor reports and tech production reports.
9. Run schedules every Monday and chase dollars daily.
10. Run WIP and conduct daily review.
11. Check Time clock report for exceptions and adjust.
12. Have lunch.
13. Manage department for remainder of day. Make sure customers and employees are happy and feel appreciated.
sadkison

Return to Service & Body Shop Managers