GM Antilock Recall

GM Antilock Recall

Postby jrcal » Thu Jul 22, 1999 10:39 am

Anybody got a clue what this newest recall involves? The phones are ringing off the hook asking questions we have no answers to. I wish GM would have given us some preliminary information so we could answer the customer's question with something other than "we don't know". Thanks GM for making us look uninformed again. I hate when the media know more than we do.

------------------
JC
jrcal

GM Antilock Recall

Postby Michael White » Fri Jul 23, 1999 12:08 am

My DSM called me today. We had no less than 25 calls concerning the recall today. Anyways, there is suppose to be a lengthy DCS message coming tomorrow. It is not a simplistic issue so we will all have to wait and see. We can discuss it tomorrow when all fo us get the message
Mike White
Michael White

GM Antilock Recall

Postby Michael White » Fri Jul 23, 1999 10:57 pm

Everyone should have recieved GM's notification, for what it is worth, about the 3 different issues with the ABS.It was interesting the lack of info given about the Suburban problems. At least with the Jimmys they described it. Does anyone know what the concern is with the Suburbans?
Mike White
Michael White

GM Antilock Recall

Postby jrcal » Mon Jul 26, 1999 1:46 pm

I wonder if it has to do with the high failure rate of the Kelsey Hayes module\valve assemblies? I bet this has prompted the "ongoing investigation".

BTW Did you notice the parts availability in early 2000?
------------------
JC

[This message has been edited by jrcal (edited 07-26-99).]

jrcal

GM Antilock Recall

Postby Michael White » Mon Jul 26, 1999 11:20 pm

It is really interesting seeing the lack of info given to us. I did see the 2000 parts availability. I am concerned that as a group, we have not heard of the Suburban problems, especially since they have been under investigation for so many years.I guess GM cannot afford to have any more negative press. If they go to court like the decision made several weeks ago when I believe the courts awarded billions of dollars, maybe the next court decision GM will have to change their name to "Joe and Linda's Automotive Corporation" The court judgements are unbelievable.

Mike White
Michael White

Return to Service & Body Shop Managers