CSI??

CSI??

Postby slilly » Tue Jul 27, 1999 1:09 pm

Has factory CSI surveys finally run their course?
We do our own "in house" CSI survey and follow-up with customers and the difference between how the customer responds to the dealership versus the manufacture is quite remarkable.
When comparing our surveys to the manufacture's it is easy for us distinguish where the problem or praise goes. But looking at the one from General Motors if they don't enjoy the vehicle, how is General Motors really going to know that? There have been times when a customer has noted on the survey that they want to tell somebody directly at General Motors how upset they are with vehicle or how they believe it could be improved and they are never contacted, except by us to see if indeed they were contacted.
Our goal is to build a relationship with our customers, thats our reason for using customer surveys and follow-up, I am not sure what General Motors is attemtping to do.
What do you see?

------------------
slilly

CSI??

Postby jrcal » Wed Jul 28, 1999 8:24 am

Like you, we do our own follow up survey. We have found many replies that show the dealership provided better than expected services but wanted someone at GM to know when they had built something wrong. When these same people answer the GM survey, they try to tell GM they built something with problems by giving poor results to the questions on the survey as well as comments reflecting those problems.
We have also found that your customers that are unhappy with the product due to multiple failures are the ones that seem to get the most surveys to answer. Customers that have one simple problem don't bother to fill out the survey no matter how much you beg them to.
How are these surveys helping GM build a better product if they don't even bother to read the comments section of the survey?

------------------
JC
jrcal

CSI??

Postby Michael White » Wed Jul 28, 1999 10:44 pm

Those of you in Cadillac know there has been serious customer satisfaction issues with their recall on alternators. I have been told these cars will not get a CSI survey. I think it is really smart because customers will probably blast Cadillac to Jupiter. However, I think they are violating their own policies. There are those rare times when someone is absolutely so unreasonable no matter what you do you will get the CSI blues with them. If Cadillac can stop CSI surveys to a select group of customers we should have the right to select as well. Has anyone else heard this about the CSI/alternator recall?

Mike White
Michael White

CSI??

Postby jrcal » Thu Jul 29, 1999 11:40 am

A service manager at the local Cad dealer told me of some of the horror stories with these altenators. No parts were available. Every car had to be brought to the shop and the customer put in a rental. The alt from the customer's car had to be sent off somewhere to be repaired. Any issues with fires ( I was told this was common ) had all the headaces that come with legal matters for these cases.
For GM to keep these people from getting surveys is just another case of denial for the top brass. They are just hiding from the problems.
I am not an engineer,but, with all the problems from GM altenators over the past decade, we could not believe Cad decided to come out with a water cooled alt! This seemed like a doomed idea from the start. Any leaks and you are going to have a short since water is a conductor!! Maybe they should have done more real world testing before using this idea in production!!

------------------
JC
jrcal

CSI??

Postby slilly » Thu Jul 29, 1999 1:27 pm

As a Cadlillac dealer we do know about the alternator fiasco!
As far somebody from General Motors reading a survey, you know that's a joke too!!!
I don't know about you but our newly "reorganized" Market Team Area People don't talk to any customers, and that's with a period!
Customers' remarks for Customer Assistance have been, "I will never call there again! Why would anybody expect their customers to talk to such idiots!".
Last year Chevrolet sent out an Administrative message to tell their dealerships that the complaints and surveys on Cavaliers, S-10 trucks, Trackers, and Metros were out of line. You dealers need to
examine how you treat these customers because obviously you (Dealership Personnel) don't know how to treat all customers the same.
"Reorganization" has become a "cop out". General Motors has more decension now then what they realize or want to admit. Last week we had "two Field Engineers" here working on an Oldsmobile because "one of
them" two weeks prior couldn't fix it. The whole time they were here they argued. Then
they got flustered and left. Our ASM was here watching and listening to the whole ordeal, just shook their head in helpless disbelief. So what happened to Oldsmobile? It didn't get fixed!! You know who had to talk to the customer and arrange for a buyout of this vehicle, you know it wasn't GM or their people!!
So, what good is the present CSI survey when General Motors is orchestrating how to "dodge the bullet" and the dealers take the hit?

Sam

------------------
slilly

CSI??

Postby Michael White » Fri Jul 30, 1999 12:52 am

Sam, I have heard some real horror stories about the new GM teams. However, we must be extremely lucky. I an very impressed with our team and have found them to be extremely helpful and supportive. I am not "completely satisfied", but I am as satisfied as I can. My service rep is especially great. Our MAM is alsofirst class. I would not trade them for any other rep at this time. Good luck to you and do not steal our guys!!
Mike White
Michael White

CSI??

Postby MARY SHERICK » Mon Aug 02, 1999 11:00 pm

THE OTHER CSI AREA SLILLY FORGOT WAS GM EMPLOYEES, NOT ALL, BUT A GOOD NUMBER OF THESE CUSTOMERS TREAT THESE VEHICLES AS IF THEY SHOULD BE HAND-BUILT, AND THAT GM SHOULD KISS THEIR &$$*% FOR SELLING THEM TO THEM AT A DISCOUNT. THEN THEY TRASH THE DEALERS ON CSI SURVEYS, SINCE THEY KNOW HOW THE GAME, AND I DO MEAN GAME, WORKS. LOOK AT THE DIFFERENCE IN EVERY METRO AREA WITH A GM PLANT NEARBY. AS FOR THE CUSTOMER ASSISTANCE FOLKS, WE HAVE HAD SEVERAL CADILLAC OWNERS WHO HAVE COMPLAINED THAT THE PEOPLE THEY TALK TO DO NOT EVEN SPEAK GRAMMATICALLY CORRECT ENGLISH. A HIGH LINE CAR OWNER DOES NOT EXPECT TO BE SPOKEN TO IN SLANG BY A PERSON REPRESENTING THE CADILLAC BRAND. IF YOU EXPECT TO MAINTAIN THIS CUSTOMER BASE, THEY EXPECT TO SPEAK TO A PERSON WHO A LEAST SOUNDS LIKE THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT. WE HAVE HEARD THE RUMORS ON THE CSI BLOCK, BUT CAN'T GET A CONFIRMATION. WE DID NOT HAVE TOO MANY CUSTOMERS COMPLAINING, EXCEPT THE ONE WITH THE ORDERED VEHICLE THAT HE COULD LOOK AT BUT NOT TAKE DELIVERY OF. OH YES, AND THE "GENTLEMAN" WHO REFUSED TO RETURN HIS RENTAL CAR UNTIL IT RAN OUT OF GAS EIGHT DAYS AFTER HIS CAR WAS REPAIRED. MOST OF THEM WERE PLEASED WITH THE PICKUP OF THE VEHICLES, THE NO-HASSLE RENTAL, AND THE CONCERN EXPRESSED FOR THEIR SAFETY. AT LEAST THAT WAS THE TACTIC WE USED WHEN CONTACTING THEM.
MARY SHERICK

Return to Service & Body Shop Managers