aveage hours per RO = 2.5

Postby Tom H. » Thu Aug 19, 1999 11:51 pm

If there is a shop that has no quick lube or the quick lube is put into the hour per Ro figure. I would like to know if there is a shop that can keep it at 2.5 hours per RO, and how do you do it. I run a Chevy/Buick shop and we hold just around 1.8 - 2.0

[This message has been edited by Tom H. (edited 08-19-99).]

Tom H.

Postby Mike Davis » Fri Aug 20, 1999 9:36 am

Tom:

We currently run a year to date average of 2.4 hours per repair order. We accomplish this through aggressive maintenance selling and technicians being dedicated to upselling what's available. The numbers are also maintained by advisor daily so they know what their performance is at all times and can be compared to their peers, everybody is on one sheet and who wants to be last. The other factor to consider is what is the product mix in your shop. The "standard" is kind of a misstatement in my opinion. What you should be accomplishing is dependent on the mix, in some shops 1.8 may be all that is there on the tickets and the advisors doing a great job, other shop may be at a very low performance level at this average. Other factors we track are the advisors closing rates on maintenance/menu opportunities, items per repair order, etc. All of these things together have brought us along from the 1.6-2.0 range a few years ago to the 2.4 we are at now.

Just a couple of thoughts.

------------------
Mike

[This message has been edited by Mike Davis (edited 08-20-99).]

Mike Davis

Postby Michael White » Sat Aug 21, 1999 12:35 am

We are a Pontiac Buick GMC doing about 800-900 lofs per month and we average 2.2-2.4hrs per ro. We are aggressive with maintenance menus, but our menus are very reasonable. We do a lot of customer pay heavy duty, and will charge for reasonable diagnosis charges. We are aggressive in all maintenances, and injector, trans and coolant flushes do help and have benifit to the customers. We also are aggressive with alignments and all of our services are very competively priced.

Mike White

[This message has been edited by Michael White (edited 08-21-99).]

Michael White

Return to Service & Body Shop Managers