LOOMING WARRANTY AUDIT

LOOMING WARRANTY AUDIT

Postby PRIERSON » Fri Feb 26, 1999 2:41 pm

I NEED HELP FINDING WAYS TO LOWER MY REPAIR PER 1000 IN THREE AREAS, METAL, TRIM AND GLASS, EEC WORK, AND SUSPENSION. I AM A FORD WAM AND HAVE A MERE 2 MONTHS TO GET MY NUMBERS IN ORDER OR I AM AUTOMATICALLY ON THE AUDIT LIST. ANY HELP WOULD BE APRECIATED.
PRIERSON

LOOMING WARRANTY AUDIT

Postby robc » Fri Feb 26, 1999 3:36 pm

Is your R/1000 high in vists or repairs per visit that is causing your high condition? Have you found out exactly how many repairs you performed compared to the region and how many you are off by?

------------------
** Rob, Editor WD&S **
Help is only a message post away!
robc@dealersedge.com

robc

LOOMING WARRANTY AUDIT

Postby PRIERSON » Sat Feb 27, 1999 9:08 am

WE ARE HIGH IN R/1000 VEHSVC. I AM IN CONDITIONS 2, 3 AND 4 IN THE THREE HOT AREAS. I HAVE NOT SEEN EXACT NUMBEROMPARED TO THE RESR OF THE REGION AND CANNOT FIND ANY TRENDS IN OUR SERVICE PROCESS. I AM THINKING WE JUST DO MORE OF THAT KIND OF WORK. FORD DOESN'T BUY THAT THOUGH
PRIERSON

LOOMING WARRANTY AUDIT

Postby robc » Mon Mar 01, 1999 7:50 am

Sometimes expense can be a condition of the type of work you do, but since the process only considers overall warranty expense there is often a difference between your dealership and the ones which you're being compared to.

Back to my previous post, which now that I reread was less than clear. Your R/1000 numbers are divided into two sub-categories; repairs per visit (RPR/VST) and visits per 1000 veh (VST/1000). These are the next two columns after the R/1000 number. Normally, we would see something like:

R/1000 1.2
RPR/VST 0.9
VST/1000 1.6

The R/1000 is a combination of the other two numbers. In the above case, we could say that VST/1000 is causing the dealers high expense more than RPR/VST. You'll need to know where to direct your attention, and how far off the mark you are. Someday soon I'll try to post Ford's Nat'l numbers for at least a "guessimate" to compare yourself to.

------------------
** Rob, Editor WD&S **
Help is only a message post away!
robc@dealersedge.com

robc

Return to Service & Body Shop Managers