Has GM changed for the better??

Postby Michael White » Wed Jun 30, 1999 12:29 am

Last weekend I was a guest of GM's at Searspoint Raceway. I won a CSI contest. It was the first time in a while that I had the opportunity to talk to many of my peers. One of the points of discussion was the new GM field structure. Many of them were from Chevy stores. I did not find a single person who did not appreciate the "new attitude" of their reps and were very happy with that partnership feeling. Being win GM stores for over 20 years I have seen the worse(GM) they can offer. However, I have found my DSM to be EXTREMELY supportive and will go out of his way to help me/us. His boss is the same way. It is not uncommon of him to just pop in on a weekend just to give moral support to the sales staff and in fact help out in a pinch. I have been very critical of GM in the past, but am very pleased with at least the local GM poeple. For the first time in 20 plus years, I feel there is a true team work effort going on and look forward to our future with them. What are the experiences with other GM managers?? Is it working for you or am I just very lucky??

Mike White
Michael White

Postby D.L. BAGWELL » Thu Jul 01, 1999 12:37 am

I agree with you whole heartedly this seems to be the best thing G.M. has done in some time, I am in a new town managing a differant G.M. store I was from a very large Chevrolet store only now in a differant town and even state. This is a Chev-Olds-Cad store about third of the size of the store I came from but both of the last DSM'S I have had do seem to want to work togather and take care of the customer more now than ever before I think according to mine they do get a bonus based on CSI improvement. But I doubt if this is the only motivator. Most people don't completely change only because of cash incentives, It must be coming from thier bosses. It does make our jobs easier if you can communicate with your DSM. I feel that it has been a great benefit.Just like the E.S.I. as soon as they get all the bugs worked out I do feel it will be super, also can't wait until they get E.S.I. on regular internet web site I think that will be another great plus for G.M.

D.L. BAGWELL(DAMLUCKY)

------------------
D.L. BAGWELL

Return to Service & Body Shop Managers