Chrysler global warranty changes

Postby daveb » Fri Mar 12, 1999 6:53 am

I've gotten the new Chrysler Global claims system up and running. For the most part I like the changes that they made. I wish they could have had some advanced training classes offered to help us with navigating through the screens before this sytem was released!

Any other opinions?

daveb

Postby Mike Davis » Fri Mar 12, 1999 10:25 am

Dave what part of the country are you in. Chrysler hasn't released the system to us as yet. All the changes look to be positive however from the documentation I have seen. They say that the self study training will be available before month end.

------------------
Mike
Mike Davis

Postby daveb » Fri Mar 12, 1999 1:49 pm

As far as I know all the dealers in the Chicago zone(51) received the download change on Wed(10). I did receive the notice about the self-study class which I plan to order.
daveb

Postby daveb » Fri Mar 12, 1999 5:55 pm

I rechecked my mail in regards to the slated rollout for the new warranty system. All dealers in zones 41, 51 and 71 should have received the download on the March 8th overnight over your dial machine.
By the end of March all dealers in the US should be online with the new system. You need to ensure that CD 2027 is loaded on your server and that you are at DIAL version 6.47 before you can access the new system.
daveb

Postby Mike Davis » Fri Mar 12, 1999 9:39 pm

We are in Denver- Zone 74. Hopefully we will see it shortly!

------------------
Mike
Mike Davis

Postby Chuck Hartle » Sat Mar 13, 1999 9:37 am

We got our download on Monday March 8th. It has some great edit enhancements that will make submission approval much easier. However, we cannot download Recall and DPSS information as before and the downloading of claims still drops the first character and adds the last digit for ADP. I guess you have to go backwards a little to go forwards. I wonder if anyone knows when ADP plans to release the warranty claims download to catch up to Global Claims Processing? Still, the new process looks like a winner.....
Chuck Hartle'
Chuck Hartle

Postby daveb » Sat Mar 13, 1999 12:45 pm

Chuck- We presently use Autosoft for our in house system and we see the same problems as you on the downloads. The only difference is that most of the recalls are going ok other than the 790 fuel rail. We keep getting an error for labor op does not apply to vehicle.

We also cannot download service contract claims into the system. I plan to work with it more this weekend when time allows. I've also heard that Reynolds users may see the same situation arise.

Overall it is a positive step forwards.

Dave Brooks

daveb

Return to Service & Body Shop Managers