Dealers Say NO to GM Essential tool audit

Postby slilly » Mon Jun 07, 1999 2:49 pm

Michael White,
In answer to your question, what kind of tools? Either those we never used, such as holders for piston pins, becuase we sublet our machine work, and those that are rare, such as pliers to hold an axle still.
slilly

Postby Alan Floyd » Mon Jun 07, 1999 10:29 pm

I feel the tool survey may be more beneficial to the dealers than is being told at this time. Most of the dealers that I have contacted are very greatful for this survey. They have stated that it has allowed them to take the time to inventory their tools and organize them so that they are accessible and that they have established control over the tools. Also, they have said that they have found tools that they have needed, but were unable to find until they performed their own personal survey.

[This message has been edited by Alan Floyd (edited 06-07-99).]

[This message has been edited by Alan Floyd (edited 06-07-99).]

Alan Floyd

Postby Alan Nicholson » Tue Aug 03, 1999 7:20 pm

Our tool audit was completed last month. We were told that we were required to purchase $1200.00 in missing tools. The manor in which GM is conducting this audit is outrageous. People hired by the parent company of Kentmoore conducting the audit. Kind of like bringing the fox into the hen house. While it was very good to get our tool room back in shape, there was no appeal process, to discussion, no nothing. As all of you know, we all have new tools in our tool rooms that never get used. I have a feeling the $1200.00 in tools that will be shipped, will remain in their boxes.

If I need the tools at our shop, we buy them and we keep a pretty good inventory. We have been tracking our tools on computer for years and have kept them in pretty good shape. GMs partnership with dealers is now non existent.

------------------

Alan1149@aol.com
Alan Nicholson

Postby Michael White » Sun Aug 08, 1999 8:14 pm

We were contacted by Kentmoor to schedule our tool audit. We have been involved in a major hoist update that is taking forever. I explained this to them and they delayed the audit until the last quarter. I know the person who is doing the audits in our area and he is a fair person. It is true that if they find missing tools, what is that necessity of those tools and should we actually have to replace them? I think it is important to do you homework first and see what are your areas of tool needs.
Mike White
Michael White

Previous

Return to Service & Body Shop Managers