Customer number for used cars

Postby texaslp » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:05 pm

Can someone tell me how your dealership handles the need for a customer number and name on an in stock used car when an ro is written. Thanks
texaslp

Postby Backlash » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:35 pm

Our system (Arkona) just uses the stock # for the cust # and "Inventory" for the cust name.
Backlash

Postby btk » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:25 pm

Depending on your system, on ADP and I think REY/REY when adding the vin number there is a place to indicate if sold if not it defaults to just stock # no customer nmber assigned, if it is asking you for a customers number,I would think someone is stocking vehicle in wrong
btk

Postby texaslp » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:06 pm

The cars are stocked in with no customer number but when they write an ro in the shop they use ucd for every used car. They were saying that sometimes when it gets to parts the customer number and name has disappeared from the ro and they need a name in order to a special order part. Actually they were saying somebody in the office was going in to the ro and taking the customer number off the ro. yeah right. Anyhow ADP looked at it and hopefully has it fixed. Thanks
texaslp

Postby exmopar » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:04 pm

Within ADP you do not need a customer # to special order parts. If you use manual SOR, it is required, but within the RO, it doesn't matter. It is just ordered with a blank customer #. If everything must be ordered on a manual SOR, then create customer #'s for internal and use them, but I cannot see why you would use manual SOR when an RO is open.

------------------
No, i'm sure you said left, right?
exmopar

Return to Service & Body Shop Managers