Quick Lube pay plans

Quick Lube pay plans

Postby topdog » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:45 pm

We have a seperate quicklane for oil changes and tire services. I am wanting a new pay plan not only for my advisors but possibly even for the technicians. We operate in teams, 1 advisor and two techs per team. We avarage 30-40 oil changes per day with a tire rotation penetration of 28%. Advisors are paid hourly with spiffs for chemical and repair upsales. (Even with training they are very weak in the upsale area) I would like to find a plan that gives them more motivation to find NEEDED repairs on the inspections and sell the maintenance that is due based on the inspection and vehicle mileage. With the volume of cars that these two advisors are seeing, I need to light a fire under them because I believe it's hurting the pipeline to our main shop. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
topdog

Quick Lube pay plans

Postby 69mach1 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:49 am

easiest way less salary.
we call it the veggie program dangle more carrots and less salary
69mach1

Quick Lube pay plans

Postby partsman103 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:54 pm

Repetition becomes habit...... with that said we do the following for quick lane techs re-(spiffs)

We place red/blue/white poker chips in a bag and each has a value.
red= 10.00
blue = 5.00
white = 1.00

We throw in a 25.00 bonus chip, an "extra pull" chip, and a bankrupt chip.

If a techs upsell total for the day is:

$100.00 upsell = 1 pull
$200.00 upsell = 2 pull
and so on and so forth with a max pull set at 5.
(now you can set the amounts to be whatever best fits your store)

The dollar amount is recorded by a manager (RO#, Date, Tech #, and what was sold) and the begining of each morning we have them draw the chips and pay them cash on the spot. The money paid out is split between Parts and Service seeing as how both will benefit.
Our lube techs love it because they know they have a good shot of getting a free lunch. Of course you will have to have someone to oversee the upsells so that no one sells something a customer does not need. We've been lucky in that we have yet to have anyone taking advantage of a customer. maybe it's because if they do, they know they will be shown the door.
partsman103

Quick Lube pay plans

Postby capsgs » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:32 pm

Base all of your pay plans on hours turned. Control it with a minimum ELR and you will be suprised how they start to sell and follow up on lost sales. Not only that but it keeps the entire shop focused on a common goal.
capsgs

Quick Lube pay plans

Postby sp7128 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:01 pm

We have a seperate quicklane for oil changes and tire services. I am wanting a new pay plan not only for my advisors but possibly even for the technicians. We operate in teams, 1 advisor and two techs per team. We avarage 30-40 oil changes per day with a tire rotation penetration of 28%. Advisors are paid hourly with spiffs for chemical and repair upsales. (Even with training they are very weak in the upsale area) I would like to find a plan that gives them more motivation to find NEEDED repairs on the inspections and sell the maintenance that is due based on the inspection and vehicle mileage. With the volume of cars that these two advisors are seeing, I need to light a fire under them because I believe it's hurting the pipeline to our main shop. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Are your Lube Techs flat rate or hourly?

Do all your vehicles come thru the same drive lanes or do you actually have a dedicated quicklane?

[This message has been edited by sp7128 (edited 06-26-2012).]

sp7128

Return to Service & Body Shop Managers