New Owners Clinic Ideas or Outlines

Postby DautoMan » Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:45 pm

Hello,

I am the new Parts & Service Dictator at a 2 yr old Hyundai single line store (this may change soon) Some of the challenges include: Little effort previously placed on retention, mailers, etc. It is located in rural setting compared to competition. There are 2 larger dealers within 5 and 25 miles that have both been open for 6-10 yrs. Our Unique Selling Points include: Good people, Very nice facility, 92-95 % CSI, Loaner Cars, etc. I have to put on my first New Owners Clinic, and do not have a lot of experience in this. If anyone is putting on a successful N.O.C. presentation please let me know what in your current program are the differences that make the difference in putting together a successful program/presentation. I am looking for people to share Outlines used at successful stores, ideas, thoughts, power point presentations, suggestions, etc. Any and all feedback appreciated.

Best Regards,
Dan M.
dmiller@portlandpremier.com

[This message has been edited by DautoMan (edited 12-02-2005).]

[This message has been edited by DautoMan (edited 12-02-2005).]

DautoMan

Postby Mike Vogel » Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:00 pm

Our new owner clinics are held at 7:00 after service is closed. We have dinner catered by a local restaurant. All attendees get free gifts such as hats/shirts advertising the dealership, emergency roadside kits, coffee mugs etc. We also do a raffle where we give away free services and details.
Have your advisors master techs, and parts personnel attend. Myself and my advisors go over maintenance schedules, warranty coverage, and most important the benefits of doing business with us. We give each guest a maintenance menu for their vehicle along with a dare to compare menu which shows how competetive we are with the aftermarket. After dinner and above items we break them into groups which tour our shop & parts dept.The master techs & advisors go over vehicles on lifts for demonstration and answer any questions the guests may have. The parts dept show the difference between genuine parts & aftermarket and show guests how to use our website for booking appointments and viewing our specials.
The whole event takes about 90 minutes. Any longer and they get bored.
The trick is keeping it interactive, have good food, and of course the give aways are needed to get them to show up.
Mike Vogel

Postby PARTICUS » Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:37 am

Mike,
How often do you have clinics? Monthly? Bi-Monthly? What is your response rate?
PARTICUS

Postby Mike Vogel » Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:01 pm

We have them every other month. We invite about 350 customers on average (2 months of new car sales). Our response averages around 40 customers & guest or around 80 people total, so a little over 10%.
The better sales does of talking about it at the time of delivery the better the response rate.
Mike Vogel

Postby outlawjrj » Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:17 pm

I conduct ours at a single point Hyundai stores, and have for several years. I have used a power point presentation in the past, but most recently converted and produced a DVD that I play during the meeting. Produced it myself (desktop computer, etc.) Though I have run the DVD the last two months, I think eventually I will go back to the powerpoint presentation because it feels to me to be more interactive. The DVD we could, I guess in the future, mass produce and "Mail" to our new car customers. We sell about 400-450 cars per month, and get a really good response. I send out letter invitations to all the new car customers, inviting them in. I would not rely on the new car department. Drive the meeting yourself. Are you on ADP or Reynolds?

I also administer my in-house service reminder program, both stores,....about 2,200 letters per month, average 25% return each month......very sucessfull in keeping your customers coming back to you.

Would be more than happy to share ideas on marketing, SR program, N.C.O, etc.

Feel free to call me direct at:
Jim Naskrent
Rick Case Hyundai
FL114 and FL005
954-903-5481
jimnaskrent@rickcase.com
outlawjrj

Re: New Owners Clinic Ideas or Outlines

Postby jamescristine » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:15 am

Informative thread for the people who are interested in new clinic ideas.

hoagurgentcare[dot]com
jamescristine

Re: New Owners Clinic Ideas or Outlines

Postby ayushgupta » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:39 am

Great Post :)
ayushgupta

Return to Service & Body Shop Managers