How do we get it back?

How do we get it back?

Postby Ichabod Farquar » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:58 am

We were a wind down dealer that was able to get reinstated. After reinstatement our owner purchased additional GM franchises so we should stand a better than reasonable chance of survival.

Now my question: For the last year and a half there has been nothing but bad news for us in the community. How do we overcome this? We need to increase the service lane traffic and so far nothing has worked very well. We have been advertising constantly trying to get the word out that we are here and will continue to be here.

Any suggestions that worked or didn't work?

Ichabod Farquar

How do we get it back?

Postby APM » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:03 pm

have a community open house/tour the shop-in other words PARTY. Get the local paper and clubs involved. Have full staff, freebies and discounts...check with your boss for available IMR funds to cover the tab.
APM

How do we get it back?

Postby Ichabod Farquar » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:24 pm

What type of IMR funds could be used for such an event?

I don't believe parts funds could be used no matter how we described the "function."

Sales IMR, interesting, but would this "function" fall under Match or No Match funds?

I don't know who you are (APM) but the area managers, FOM's or whatever they call themselves these days are less helpful than they could be. I have asked for their help and never even received a response to the email.
Ichabod Farquar

How do we get it back?

Postby APM » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:36 pm

I would think Sales IMR Non-match. Check out the file on the IMR site under the User Resources GM Parts IMR Program Guidelines
and call the IMR folks for clarification at 888-GMCOOP 1 . The match funds might be doable with a few strings attached.

I'm just an old busybody that drops in once in a while. I learn more from you guys then the home office.

Good luck and I hope it flies. Sorry your FOm is less then responsive.
APM

How do we get it back?

Postby Richard » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:56 am

This is a NEWS Story! Get with the local media, they need to cover this....not many dealers got picked back up, make it a media event.
Richard

Return to Service & Body Shop Managers