Authorization Restrictions

Postby lovemotors » Wed Dec 29, 1999 8:34 pm

I am interested to know if any other GM dealerships have had restrictions put on their use of authorization codes.We are not restricted at all at this time however I found out that half of the dealerships in our area are under restriction of various authorization codes. PLEASE let me know what is going on in your area. Is our area the only one? Thanks for your help in this matter.

------------------
A single line Chevrolet Dealership on the Monterey Bay.

lovemotors

Postby Misky » Thu Dec 30, 1999 9:39 pm

The only restrictions I have had are with GMPP. Those apply to everyone. We are a multi-line GM dealer. GM has not put any on us.... YET !!
Misky

Postby Michael White » Fri Dec 31, 1999 6:17 pm

In the S.F. Bay Area, I am not aware of any GM dealers with warranty restrictions. However, there are probably a few that should. Restrcting labor operations, will add more stress and work load to the ASM's Our ASM is working his heart and sole off and has been a real help and supporter.

Mike
Michael White

Postby lovemotors » Fri Dec 31, 1999 6:38 pm

Our ASM is taking away certin authorization codes if you get too high. For example I was warned that I had 1 month to get my "B" authorizations down to below 3% or it would be taken away. This does add stress due to the shop having no control over what comes down the service drive.There are a lot of "same system or related repair's" in fixing these new car's. Ahhhhh what a pain at times.
lovemotors

Postby jargonaut » Fri Dec 31, 1999 8:22 pm

It doesnt surprise me that GM starts selectively restricting dealers access to authorization code usage based on warranty expense trends and usage of codes. I try to avoid using authorization code B where ever possible by deciding where we are responsible for comebacks and repeats as well as never using a B code unless past experience through credit memos shows the repair(s) to require a B code for overlaps etc.

Alan

[This message has been edited by jargonaut (edited 12-31-1999).]

jargonaut

Postby Michael White » Sun Jan 02, 2000 12:32 am

In Monterey, who is your DSM? Is it Mark Erwin??
Mike
Michael White

Return to Service & Body Shop Managers