SA pay

SA pay

Postby FrankRizzoASM » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:57 pm

I'm sure this is a subject that has been discussed in the past. I'm looking to get some current input on the subject rather then some obsolete information from 2 years ago.

I'm a SA at a Toyota dealership in RI. My pay is currently $8.00/hr + 2.5% of CP/WP parts and labor as well as internal. I have 1 year of experience. Since my first full month I have been the top earning writer in CP labor by about $10,000. I know comission and pay structure is going to change based upon many different variables. As far as industy standards and averages do you feel this commission plan is a little soft? Doing some reading I see some advisors making much higher percentages.

One other question. From a service managers standpoint what is the most important statistic that is indicative of advisor performance. Is it CP labor? Is it CP labor and parts? ELR? Average hours/ro.

I'm just an advisor trying to learn more about the buisness aspect of how a shop runs. Any input would be apprecieted... Thanks.
FrankRizzoASM

SA pay

Postby FrankRizzoASM » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:09 pm

If I can add one thing also what does a ok, good, and great writer average a month for CP labor sales (I know it is a broad question and will vary with market and may other figures)
FrankRizzoASM

SA pay

Postby robc » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:59 am

Well the specific few will probably tell you because I am not going to be the one responsible for you marching in for a raise with a print-out of this forum in hand

The rate your describing sounds pretty typical and fair. Ranges on a percentage basis are then a factor of your rates. A Toyota store at $80/hour in a rural area is going to be less commission earned than a Mercedes store in a metro area at $110/hour. I am not sure of your location, but sometimes you have to take into account the local market area more than just the national or even state range.

CP labor is the only thing you can directly control - warranty and internal is what it is - CP you can upsell, manage and grow. So that is why it is a primary concern related to the job function.
robc

Return to Service & Body Shop Managers