USED CAR INSPECTION FORMS!!!

Postby CHADP » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:17 am

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for some help again!!! I have reason to believe that my techs are not doing thorough used car safety inspections!!! I know, big shock huh! They are being paid 1.5 hours to do a used car inspection and it seems all we are doing are oil changes and brake inspections! I now have a General Sales Manager upset because his used cars have problems that should have been caught on the inspection!!! Who can blame him? He's paying for a SAFETY INSPECTION!!! My techs don't seem to understand why they aren't getting paid for what I consider comebacks on used cars. Gee, now I'm the bad guy!!! Sorry for the rant, here's my question. Does anyone have a Used Car Inspection checklist that works well or know of a website or company I can get it from? I appreciate any assistance/advice I can get on this matter. Thank you in advance!!!
CHADP

Postby pjpeery » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:41 am

see your gm dealer for a copy of the

"goodwrench multi-point vehicle inspection"

should cover what you want ..

paul
pjpeery

Postby DealerProfit » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:21 pm

i've got some. give me an email address, I will scan and send
DealerProfit

Postby DealerProfit » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:21 pm

the goodwrench multipoint sucks
DealerProfit

Postby mbaker » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:56 pm

We use the certified used veh inspection form. It seems to work the best. You can order them off dealerworld. We also had the sales managers come in the shop and watch the techs do an inspection. That way they can see what we do and they could tell us what they are looking for. Seems to have helped!!
mbaker

Postby carwars » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:59 pm

If multi-point gm sheet is used on all service cars do you pay techs and if so how much?Thanks
carwars

Postby westover6 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:19 pm

we have one that we use for all 8 dealerships. Our used cars are available for eveyone to sell so we came up with an inspection sheet that everyone uses.
give me a fax or email and i'll get a copy to you.
westover6

Postby flyboy » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:02 pm

Give me an e-mail and I will shoot you a copy of one I made up...
flyboy

Postby capsgs » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:46 am

Sounds like your getting pleanty of help in the check sheet dept. Now you need to adress the techs. I started to get that stuff in my shop and made it very clear that if the check was not done properly that they would be removed from doing used cars. This is a great source of easy hours for them. I also explained that if I could not get it done with them I would hire a dedicated tech. Straightened right up!!
capsgs

Postby CHADP » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:58 pm

HEY THANX EVERYONE FOR YOUR RESPONSES!!! MY EMAIL IS CPHILLIPS@WARNERCHEVROLETCADILLAC.COM. I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING YOUR EXAMPLES. I WOULD LIKE TO ADD THAT I DO NOT LIKE TO USE THE GM FORM BECAUSE IT IS NOT IN DEPTH ENOUGH. IN ADDITION, WE PAY OUR TECHS 1.5 HOURS FOR A SAFETY INSPECTION. WE WANT IT TO BE VERY THOROUGH. PLUS, IF WE PAID THEM 1.5 OFF OF THE GM FORM THEY WOULD WANT IT ON EVERY LOF THEY DO!!! THANX AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR HELP.
CHADP

Next

Return to Service & Body Shop Managers