PARTS WASHERS

PARTS WASHERS

Postby JERRYC » Wed Jul 28, 1999 9:11 pm

LOOKING FOR INFORMATION ON HOT WATER PARTS WASHING SYSTEMS-WHAT MODELS OR TYPES ARE BEING USED IN SERVICE DEPARTMENTS-I'VE USED ONE BEFORE BUT THE QUALITY WAS POOR.
I'M INTRESTED IN REPLACING SAFETY CLEAN PARTS WASHERS WITH A HOT WATER WASH SYSTEM AND JUST CURIOUS ABOUT WHAT OTHER SERVICE DEPTS ARE USING-
JERRYC

PARTS WASHERS

Postby Michael White » Wed Jul 28, 1999 10:36 pm

We have some hot water parts washers that are small and work very well. You can put the part in, set a agitation timer and come back in a couple of minutes. Or you can manually use a parts scrub brush with a pump attacked. The units are powered by 220, and have seven day timers on them. It is important to asign someone to add water every couple of days. the units we bought are "Better Engineering" But there are quite a few brands out there. We have had ours for several years. Does not work well with cleaning valve bodies in transmissions. You should go to the water based solvent machines for this kind of work. I went to the NADA shows in S.F. this year and there are lots of options available. They can get pricey.
Good luck,
Mike White
Michael White

PARTS WASHERS

Postby RCARR » Wed Jul 28, 1999 11:46 pm

WE PURCHASED A MIDDLE OF THE ROAD MACHINE ABOUT SIX MONTHS AGO, THE TECHS WHO DO USE IT LOVE IT, MOSTLY OUR TRANNY GUYS. PUT THE PARTS IN AND GO DO SOMTHING ELSE. THESE GUYS HARDLY EVER TURN ON THE PARTS VATS ANYMORE!
RCARR

PARTS WASHERS

Postby Mike Davis » Thu Jul 29, 1999 9:46 am

We started using the Mega Mate washer approximately 4 years ago and the techs love it. We had at the time 4 Safety Kleen machines and have gotten rid of all 4 of them since going to this. I have not heard a singe complaint since this was done. We implemented on a trial period with the manufacturer and let the techs decide between the two and the unanimous choice was to go this route.

Have a Great Day!

------------------
Mike
Mike Davis

PARTS WASHERS

Postby slilly » Thu Jul 29, 1999 12:47 pm

We have been considering on purchasing one of these also, but ....
My question about these hot water washers is what happens to the dirt or residue?
At a previous dealership, we still had to contract Safety Kleen to haul away the dirty water and residue! In some locales the residue maybe mixed with your oil waste, but EPA and Safety Kleen may not agree with this.

Sam

------------------
slilly

PARTS WASHERS

Postby Mike Davis » Thu Jul 29, 1999 2:23 pm

Sam:

The machine that we bought uses shop rags as a filter and the uniform company hauls them with the uniforms and dirty rags, change them about 1 time a month. The water that has been filtered can be drained into the sewer system in our community since we have a trap. Depends on the communities regulations. Their website is www.megamate.com.

Hope It helps!

------------------
Mike
Mike Davis

Return to Service & Body Shop Managers