ASE certification

ASE certification

Postby Richard » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:10 am

Service Managers- I'm a parts manager, but I just had a couple of questions that I was wondering about. I have noticed my ASE certified techs seem to help me get the correct parts a lot more than the non-Cert guys. Most of our techs have been here at least 3~4 yrs, with a couple of real veterans (our PDI guy has been here over 30!) Our oil change guys float in and out, if one lasts a year, it's a miracle. A few of our techs we took on as ASEP students and kept them once they got out of school. Out of 7 techs, 3 are ASE Masters, one is like 2 tests away from Master, the PDI guy isn't taking test, and the USD guy tech isn't 'into taking tests'- those guys are the ones that make the most mistakes on parts ordering. What is your tech make-up at your shop?
Richard

ASE certification

Postby 69mach1 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:03 am

When you say makes mistakes, is it a mis-diagnosis problem, or a description problem
69mach1

ASE certification

Postby Richard » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:49 am

Usually a description problem. Need a coil, point out an IGN module. Need a LH Rear regulator, ask for LH Front. Sometimes it's IS misdiagnosis, but usually not.
Richard

Return to Service & Body Shop Managers