Pay Plans For Dispatchers

Postby Chevy service manage » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:12 am

Does anyone have ideas that they can share about a dispatching / appointment setting pay plan? We are a large dealer (1800 cust pay and warranty ro' per month) using adp dispatching that does not seem to work well.
Chevy service manage

Postby slapenta » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:53 pm

Chevy service manager:

There can only be two reasons why your ADP automated dispatching does not seem to work well in your shop.

One reason is that you never had the appropriate training and/or opportunity to learn how to operate an efficient automated dispatching application.
The second reason may be that you werent ready to make the commitment required to push through the necessary change in order to operate a successful automated dispatching application.

So my post isnt viewed as a sales pitch, I do not have any dog in this fight and it doesnt make a difference to me how you choose to operate your shop.
I will be happy to provide you with all the information and a financial benefit that ADP automated dispatching application has to offer in an effort to help you weigh your options with great care.

Let me know if I can help!

Steve LaPenta
slapenta

Postby fixed ops emperor » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:11 pm

Chevy,
Combining the dispatch and appointment co-ordinators position might be counter productive because we all know dispatchers hate work overload but this pay plan might eliminate the tendency to book light.
Take dispatchers current salary and cut it in half. Add a bonus based on total flat rate hours minus unapplied time factoring gross profit percentage. For example if the gross is 67% the dispatcher gets paid $0.50 per flat rate hour. If your shop produces 2500 flat rate hours per month with unapplied hours subtracted his bonus would be $1250. When the gross gets to 67.5% the dispatcher gets $0.55 per hour etc. Use current hours and gross % to arrive at a baseline that is approximately half his present salary. This plan encourages dispatch to push work through the shop, give low paying work to the lower paid techs and control the unapplied time. If you would like a copy of my percentage scale let me know, I can e-mail it to you.
fixed ops emperor

Return to Service & Body Shop Managers