CSSR - what works?

CSSR - what works?

Postby drapp » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:31 am

Been looking at our CSSR mailing set-ups.

Wondering what other dealers run?

Wondering how well the program is working for other dealer?

I need suggestions.

This program is expensive. I do not like their calculations of return on investment - too long of time period.

What do you think?
drapp

CSSR - what works?

Postby camaroman » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:10 am

One thing we found to work well here in PA is a Holiday Gift Certificate for $10.00. We are running about 12% return which is much better than the rest of the mailers we send out. It cost us around $1,500.00 for Christmas and we totaled about $19,000.00 in repair order totals from people using them. The Christmas one targeted our existing customers. We signed up to do one for Easter and we will be splitting it up 50% to our existing customers and 50% off of a Polk list using 2009 and back GM vehicle owners who are not currently our customers.
camaroman

CSSR - what works?

Postby drapp » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:39 pm

camaroman

That is a great return on investment.

Did you calculate that return or did you receive that on a report from CSSR / Aspen?
drapp

CSSR - what works?

Postby MovingForward » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:15 pm

Camaroman, could you elaborate a little more on the program you used. I could assume things about it, but we all know what happens when you assume! You say a Holiday Gift Certificate. Is this a certificate for $10 off on your next service? Or is this where if they come in and get service work done you will give them a $10 gift certificate/card that can be used anywhere?
MovingForward

CSSR - what works?

Postby Backlash » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:25 pm

My return rates are low with CSSR. Overall right now 9.3% (the highest ever) which I believe is overinflated.
The reports that they give seem to be over inflated in general. When I look at the dealer comparisons with the zone, region, and national numbers, the numbers really are not what I've heard from other dealers I have contact with.
I had to stop using a better company when they made CSSR mandatory.
Backlash

CSSR - what works?

Postby camaroman » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:25 pm

It was a straight up Gift certificate looking piece. We used Aspen/RMS. We kept everyone of them, marked the RO, date and amount on each of them. We sent out approximately 1500 and had about 160 as of last Friday. Good for any parts or service purchase. I only had one person come in and bought 3 gallons of w/w solvent.
camaroman

CSSR - what works?

Postby MovingForward » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:33 pm

Camaroman,

Thanks for the clarification! Hope your Easter has even more success for you.
MovingForward

CSSR - what works?

Postby Art_Mopar » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:55 pm

It blows....
Art_Mopar

CSSR - what works?

Postby drapp » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:15 pm

As always I appreciate the comments.

I have had "issues" deciding the best way to approach the mailings (coupons / offers).

I realized the other day that CSSR is mailing offers to owners of Certified Pre Owned vehicles. I asked them why. No good answer.

CPO includes free LOF and Tire Rotation.

CPO by definition means the car needs nothing.

CPO vehicles have warranty.

What could we possibly market to these owners?

Thanks again - sorry for the rant.
drapp

Return to Service & Body Shop Managers