New common DA report

New common DA report

Postby robc » Fri Feb 12, 1999 8:40 am

I am starting to see that dealers are receiving GM's common DA report. No one I spoke in GM wants to discuss it. Has anyone been given a reasonable explaination for this action? How do you compare a single-point Olds store (which did have a CPVS of $232) to a GMC store (which had a CPVS of $287) and say they average out to $259. I mean come on, the Olds store will always be low, and the GMC store will always be high. Or, more to the point, Chevrolet's average was $12 above the combined, most Chevy stores now have excessive expense. And now GM reports to you your amount of "Excessive Expense" ... what are they implying? After three years of the report, why add this line?

------------------
** Rob, Editor WD&S **
Help is only a message post away!
robc@dealersedge.com
robc

New common DA report

Postby Douglas George » Sun Feb 14, 1999 12:25 pm

The Wall Street Journal has run an article mentioning that GM is going to reduce their warranty expense by 3.45 billion over the next few years. Maybe, they will use this new line on the report to automatically charge us back the amount GM considers to be excessive?
Douglas George

Re: New common DA report

Postby Overeating » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:35 am

How do you compare a single-point Olds store (which did have a CPVS of $232) to a GMC store (which had a CPVS of $287) and say they average out to $259. I mean come on, the Olds store will always be low, and the GMC store will always be high
watson
Overeating

Return to Service & Body Shop Managers