R&R appointment controls

R&R appointment controls

Postby Michael White » Mon Apr 12, 1999 11:50 pm

We use Reynolds and Reynolds and I want to make us more efficient in our service appointments. We do not currently use the R&R appointmnet controls but I am thinking about it. I am requesting all of you that have R&R and are using the appointment controls to give me your feelings good or bad. Too many people make appointments in our dealership and I want to force staggering them. I do understand you can still easily override the control. Thanks n advance for everyone's help. Also, what have all of you done to help control the driveway appointments

Mike White
Michael White

R&R appointment controls

Postby MARY SHERICK » Tue Apr 13, 1999 10:53 pm

IF YOU DECIDE TO USE THIS FEATURE, EVERYONE MUST COMPLY. IF YOU RELY ONLY ON THIS FEATURE, ONE PERSON NOT USING IT WILL MESS YOUR WORK FLOW UP ROYALLY. YOU WILL ALSO HAVE TO MAKE SURE THAT SUFFICIENT TIME IS LEFT FOR EACH CUSTOMER. IT DOES MAKE THE RO WRITE-UP FASTER, IF THE APPOINTMENT SETTER GETS COMPLETE CUSTOMER INFORMATION, AND COMPLETE COMPLAINT INFORMATION. IF IT IS USED RELIGIOUSLY, IT IS GREAT, IF IT IS USED HAPHAZARDLY, IT IS A NIGHTMARE.
MARY SHERICK

R&R appointment controls

Postby Kevin Kavanagh » Fri Apr 23, 1999 10:20 am

I agree with Mary. Setting up the process that allows for appointments to ONLY be made through the computer can assist in the traffic flow. Combine this with the features available for special order notification and you present an opportunity to greatly increase your customer satisfaction.

If you use the R&R system for merchandising you can use the appointment feature to effectively load your shop with CP work in advance.

------------------
Kevin Kavanagh

R&R appointment controls

Postby Garry House » Mon Apr 26, 1999 3:09 pm

A solid, efficient Service Reservations System allows for your Service Sales People to work "Smarter, not Harder" and will significantly enhance both C/P Hours & Parts Per R.O. and Customer Satisfaction. Many dealers are MANUALLY managing their Reservations System effectively, while many others are effectively using their In-House Computer System to manage the task. In Each Case the following are in evidence: a) Documented Departmental Procedures (from the original in-bound phone call, thru "logging" the reservation, thru reminder phone calls, thru the greeting and write-up process); b) Thorough Training of all Personnel Involved in the Reservations and Write-up Process; c) Discipline and Enforcement of the Reservations Procedures (as Mary clearly knows, "It won't work AT ALL unless everyone is on the same page!"); and d) 100% Commitment to "Continuous Improvement" of the Reservations Process. [Note: Lloyd Schiller, Dealer Service Corporation, (336) 766-6670,has a great philosophy and process for handling Service Reservations, either manually or electronically.]
Garry House
NCM Consulting Division

[This message has been edited by Garry House (edited 04-26-99).]

Garry House

Return to Service & Body Shop Managers