New WINS CPM manual

New WINS CPM manual

Postby robc » Wed Apr 14, 1999 11:39 am

Question #1:

Did everyone receive their new WINS CPM manual yet? I got mine about a few days ago, but I am hearing that some areas of the country haven't received theirs yet.

Question #2:

Does anyone else feel like me and think that the manual is like one of those "What's wrong with this picture" things we did as kids? I mean there are so many errors with the examples it's hard to keep track of them all. God bless 'em, WINS is a pretty hard working bunch, and I appreciate their efforts, but a little more attention to detail should have been called for.

Question #3:

Is there ever anything on those Xpress1 trucks other than GM manuals?

Question #4:

Is this the BIG changes we've been hearing about in the WINS' classes? From hearing UAM instructors tell it, we were expecting a complete revision. Had it not been for the BAC code, type B/C/N changes and a few other things this update would have never been needed. What have you heard?

------------------
** Rob, Editor WD&S **
Help is only a message post away!
robc@dealersedge.com

[This message has been edited by robc (edited 04-14-99).]

robc

New WINS CPM manual

Postby dmroper » Sun Apr 18, 1999 12:17 pm

We got ours last week. Some of the updated information was helpful, but certainly not more than what we already knew.

We've been trying to order a WINS manual for about two months now, and the support and materials people said they were 'all out' and 'on backorder' but they weren't 'taking backorders'. 'Try again at the end of April'.

We just opened a new store, and we got ours a few days before they opened. I made three copies, double-sided, on an dying copier, so I got a decent look at it.. It always seems that, like the WINS training seminars, that they never integrate the PnP as much as you'd think they would-
dmroper

New WINS CPM manual

Postby dmroper » Sun Apr 18, 1999 12:24 pm

I just went to a WINS seminar here in Arizona- I was pretty disappointed. I wish they would tell the students to bring their WINS manual and their PnP, and then have open discussion, PnP questions, etc. . Fortunately, there was a fairly new GM rep there at the seminar, who gave input here and there..

They touched briefly on the changes, but it was nothing new.

I'm hoping they'll do a major revision when we start using WINS to submit claims..
dmroper

New WINS CPM manual

Postby MARY SHERICK » Sun Apr 18, 1999 10:20 pm

DM ROPER, YOU ARE USING WINS, YOU ARE NOT USING ACCESS FOR CLAIM SUBMISSION. THE CHANGES ARE MINOR, AND AS USUAL ROB, ARE FULL OF MISTAKES. WHAT CONCERNS ME EVEN MORE ARE THE GM PERSONNEL WHO ARE SO POORLY TRAINED THAT THEY ARE TELLING THE DEALERS TO DO THINGS IN VIOLATION OF THE P AND P. THIS REORGANIZATION WOULD BE MORE ACCURATELY TERMED A CHINESE FIRE DRILL, NOT TO INSULT THE CHINESE, WHO ARE INFINITELY MORE ORGANIZED THAN GM AT THE MOMENT. I HAD A CUSTOMER SERVICE REP TELL A CUSTOMER TO HAVE US ROTATE HIS BRAKE CALIPERS AND ROTORS FROM THE FRONT TO THE REAR, TO CURE A BRAKE VIBRATION. YES, YOU HEARD RIGHT!! IF THIS IS THE CURRENT ENVIRONMENT, HOW CAN WE EXPECT ANY MORE FROM THE MANUAL WRITERS? THE P AND P IS STILL THE FINAL WORD ON WARRANTY MATTERS. THE PROCESSING MANUAL IS TO LEARN THE MECHANICS OF CLAIM SUBMISSION. I HAVE BEEN TO BOTH THE WINS CLASSES, AND FOUND THEM TO BE LITTLE MORE THAN A STEP-BY-STEP REVIEW OF THE PROCESSING MANUAL, AND A PLATFORM TO SWAP INFO WITH LESS EXPERIENCED ADMINISTRATORS AND CLERKS. MOST OF THEM LEARNED MORE AT LUNCH AND BREAK THAN THEY DID DURING ACTUAL CLASS. ANYONE ELSE HAVE A BETTER EXPERIENCE??
MARY SHERICK

New WINS CPM manual

Postby robc » Mon Apr 19, 1999 8:18 am

My big beef with the errors is that many of them are so obvious. I mean the factory DEMANDS absolute perfection in all warranty administrators do and then they release a hack job like this. I wish we were given the same latitude during an audit.

------------------
** Rob, Editor WD&S **
Help is only a message post away!
robc@dealersedge.com
robc

New WINS CPM manual

Postby jrcal » Mon Apr 19, 1999 12:07 pm

Any bets on what time next year we will get the "revised" manual?

It will be interesting to see how fast the re-organized GM will respond to the errors.

------------------
JC

[This message has been edited by jrcal (edited 04-19-99).]

jrcal

New WINS CPM manual

Postby slilly » Mon Apr 19, 1999 1:23 pm

ONCE AGAIN IT'S DISAPPOINTING TO SEE THAT WE IN THE DEALERSHIPS THAT USE THE PROGRAMS AND FOLLOW THE PROCEDURES KNOW MORE THAN THE FACTORY AND FIND THEIR ERRORS BEFORE THEY DO. ALSO, THEIR ABILITY TO RESPOND WITH A CORRECT AND TIMELY ANSWER TO POLICIES CHANGES OR GREY AREAS.
IT MAKES IT TOUGH ON US TO BE AS "PATIENT" AS THEY REQUEST AND ONLY STILL SEE THEM "STRUGGLING" TO DO WHAT IS RIGHT BY US AND OUR CUSTOMERS.

[This message has been edited by slilly (edited 04-27-99).]

slilly

New WINS CPM manual

Postby dmroper » Tue Apr 20, 1999 10:12 am

I bet the revision won't come soon enough-
As soon as we start using ACCESS(whoops!) to submit claims- Of course, that's our software problem- I hope we'll reveive specialized training..

Maybe they'll have to send us all to school to learn the new software- I've got a feeling it's going to be pure hell when they make the change, though-

But the WINS classes will probobly stay the same- A forum where you can learn more from the class than from the instructor..

Coding doesn't change.. We'll just have to know how to get in and enter the data..

dmroper

New WINS CPM manual

Postby MARY SHERICK » Mon Apr 26, 1999 11:18 pm

IF YOU LOOK AT THE RO PREP EXAMPLE FOR GMPP CLAIMS, ONE WOULD ASSUME THE DEALER IS NO LONGER ENTITLED TO RETAIL, SINCE THE COST FIGURE IS ALL THAT IS USED, NO MARKUP, NO LIST SALE. WHAT IS SAD IS THE NUMBER OF FOLKS JUST LEARNING, WHO DO NOT SPOT THE ERRORS. THEY ARE GOING TO LOSE MONEY, AND GM WILL PROFIT. SO, HOW BIG A HURRY DO YOU THINK THEY WILL BE IN TO CORRECT THAT ONE?? IF THE RESPONSE IS TYPICAL, IT SHOULD BE IN A FEW YEARS.

------------------
MARY SHERICK

New WINS CPM manual

Postby Dave » Wed Apr 28, 1999 10:00 pm

Is this another case of GM out sourcing? While complaining about customer assistance to my "new" service rep last week, I asked if these people knew there own rules. His reply was why should they, they are not GM employees. Sound like this is the same idea, how can you write a procedure manual if you don't know the procedure. My opinion, GM is spreading it self too thin.
Dave

Next

Return to Service & Body Shop Managers